MNF GDT: Minnesota at Seattle

Malfatron

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IIRC, the original rule was designed so you couldn't come sprinting up and leaping over like Kam Chancellor used to.

Which made a ton of sense, because that created situations where longsnappers could seriously get messed up with head/neck injuries with no real ability to protect themselves.  On this particular play, the way the two Hawks defenders had hands on the LS and kept him from even being able to come up from having snapped the ball, it was pretty much akin to holding.

Just now, The LBC said:

Which made a ton of sense, because that created situations where longsnappers could seriously get messed up with head/neck injuries with no real ability to protect themselves.  On this particular play, the way the two Hawks defenders had hands on the LS and kept him from even being able to come up from having snapped the ball, it was pretty much akin to holding.

Wagner didn't leap the LS though, did he? I thought he leaped the Guard.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ah, my bad. I had no idea there were two different rules.

HEY HEY HEY

Yeah, the leaping rule is the Kam Chancellor rule.  Leverage has existed much longer.  Players used to jump on the backs of teammates to get the block.  You cant use a teammate or an opponent for leverage to get over the LOS.  He clearly pushed off his teammates backs to get over.  It was illegal but he got away with it, so again moo point.

Archived