Encarnacion to SEA, Santana Back to CLE, Yandy Diaz to TB in 3-Way Deal

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

What's the scoop on Jake Bauers?  Not really sure how this makes sense for us unless we're ditching salary but Santana goes through 2020.  

Cleveland gets Santana who is cheaper on an AAV basis than Sananta.

Seattle gets Edwin who is owed less overall money.

Tampa gets Yandy and balances overall value.

5 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

This is all kinds of confusing.

EE fell off a cliff last year, and is due $20MM with a $5MM buyout. Carlos Santana is better, and is due $17M this year, $17.5MM next year, and then a $500k buyout. 

Cleveland gets an upgrade at 1B/DH straight up, saves $2MM this year and gets Santana on a net 1 year $12MM deal next year. Whereas Seattle clears Santana/EE off their books a year earlier since it's the cheapest rebuild ever.

For the upgrade, CLE was willing to part with Yandy Diaz and the M's got a compensation pick.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

EE fell off a cliff last year, and is due $20MM with a $5MM buyout. Carlos Santana is better, and is due $17M this year, $17.5MM next year, and then a $500k buyout. 

Cleveland gets an upgrade at 1B/DH straight up, saves $2MM this year and gets Santana on a net 1 year $12MM deal next year. Whereas Seattle clears Santana/EE off their books a year earlier since it's the cheapest rebuild ever.

For the upgrade, CLE was willing to part with Yandy Diaz and the M's got a compensation pick.

The fact the Rays are involved confused me the most tbh. That makes sense tho

Just now, Breesus mode said:

The fact the Rays are involved confused me the most tbh. That makes sense tho

With Santana as a defensive upgrade, maybe the Indians thought they could prioritize getting a bat-first guy. Bauers and Diaz are similar value, but Bauers is basically all bat whereas Diaz is a utility guy.

So that might just two teams finding guys who fit their roster better.

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

I don’t like getting rid of Diaz at all 

Same here in all honesty. That's the head scratcher. 

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

otherwise meh......hopefully this means Alonso is on the move too

I just want to find a way to dump Kipnis. His contract is just an absolute cinder block around this team's ankles.

Archived