GDT Week 15: Baltimore Ravens vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

DreamKid

1 hour ago, Danand said:

You are listening too much to 1 of our guys in NFL general. I think the consensus has been that Harbaugh will get to play out his contract and we will take it from there. 

Most here support Harbaugh to a point where our only concern is him being too loyal to some of his coaches. That hasn't changed this year and once again we are right in the middle of the pack of teams competing for a playoff spot. 

It was WAY more than 1 guy. I'd say most of this forum wanted to move on during the bye week and many would still say so if we miss the playoffs.

I've personally always thought it'd be a terrible idea.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I believe I wrote somewhere that we could have scored once more making it a two score game. Nevertheless, the point I was trying to make, was that I felt this game could easily have swung differently. Ofc. elements played a part in Tampas drops as well as Lamars fumbles, but just as games didn't swing our way this year in tight losses, I felt it did yesterday. What turned out to be the determing factor was, that when our defence had to make a stop, they did and the offense took over and closed the game. 

Yeah, you did. I was just mainly referring to the fact that this game was not one that was hanging in the balance. While some games didn’t swing our way in tight loses, there’s a difference between the Chiefs game and this game. With the Chiefs we did a good job imposing our will on them in multiple areas, they did an excellent job of slowing down our run game late in the game. They also did an excellent job with making more difficult plays than us. That was truly a game that could’ve gone either way.

Against the Bucs, the only notable play that THEY made was the bomb to Evans. Whereas we had the Humphrey pick, Jackson’s seam pass to Snead, Jackson’s broken sack that he turned into a 14 yard rushing first down, etc. The whole point is that we had bounces that went against us (notably the Cyrus Jones play) and yet we still won this game convincingly.

@AFlaccoSeagulls 

What are you going to do about your name when The G.O.A.T Joe Flacco is no longer a Raven? Was always curious about that.

And can't the Steelers clinch the division this week if we lose and they win? They'll finish 9-6-1 and beat us by percentage points if they split their next two. I don't see how this Chargers game isn't an L. I just don't like anything about it. Burns me up even more seeing the defense give up two 4th down conversions to the Chiefs. We needed that game more than people know and I firmly believe its gonna bite us, even though we should've won in spite of the bad refs.

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls 

What are you going to do about your name when The G.O.A.T Joe Flacco is no longer a Raven? Was always curious about that.

And can't the Steelers clinch the division this week if we lose and they win? They'll finish 9-6-1 and beat us by percentage points if they split their next two. I don't see how this Chargers game isn't an L. I just don't like anything about it. Burns me up even more seeing the defense give up two 4th down conversions to the Chiefs. We needed that game more than people know and I firmly believe its gonna bite us, even though we should've won in spite of the bad refs.

In the end, it is just one more game where we didn't finish. Against the Browns we had an interception, a fumble and a drop in the redzone/endzone which cost us the game. We were a missed xtra point from a tie and overtime against the Saints and now another 4 down conversion that would have sealed a game. Its 3 games with a deciding play either going against us or isn't made. We haven't really won the tight games as we have already sealed those. 

That is also why it was so stupid to think our season was over at the bye. We could very very easily have been 6-3 and primed for a playoff spot. That might have been the story the last couple of years but it is a consistency few teams can match and those which can either have a cakewalk due their division or they hit a hot streak.

you know what, if its one season with bad luck / inability to close out games i am fine and confident its just an exception. the aforementioned shortcomings have been a common  pattern for years now and nothing gives me hope it'll change this time around.

the Browns game will decide the season as its just what a Harbaugh team does nowadays, lose when it matters most. 

So much negativity. While I agree the chargers are on fire and traveling to the west coast and playing them might be the worst scenario for us I believe in this team we have played bad sure but against the “good” teams we have stepped up. The Saints, chiefs, Steelers the first time we performed and since the Jackson change idk what had changed in the teams mentality but I see a different team. I hope it continues but if we falter I at least have high hopes for the future and that’s a nice change from the last couple of years.

Archived