Let the Offseason Begin

jsthomp2007

You all are blowing this out of proportion.  This isn't a big deal.  The best thing Langley was good at was a ST player...it doesn't matter if he is a WR or a DB...he isn't seeing the field as anything other than a ST player...unless by some miracle he puts all that talent together to become something beyond a ST player.  

• Like 2

Anybody else thought about trading the Card for Rosen? He seems like a Elway type QB. If the Cards take Murray at #1 and put Rosen on the trade block, why not trade a 2nd round pick for him to sit behind Flacco for a year?

I guess it depends on if you think Lock/Rosen are better as a prospect but this might be a rare opportunity to get your QBOTF for a discounted rate and it would make me feel WAY better about going into next season with Flacco/Rosen on the roster that the team has a current and future QB without having to blow your #10th pick in the draft on a guy like Lock.

1st- Devin White (LB, LSU)

2nd- Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)

3rd- Kendall Sheffield (CB, OSU)

Wouldnt be mad at all at that outcome

11 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Sheffield tore his pec at the Combine, may be able to get him 5th rd. Even with his sub 4.4 40 time,  do you really want another OSU CB ? 

Yep just saw that, nevermind. 

Either way, the Broncos/Cards look like perfect trade partners for Rosen if they decide to move along with Kyler Murray. I would love this and honestly cant believe it hasnt been discussed more from the Broncos side since the Murray news has picked up steam.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yep just saw that, nevermind. 

Either way, the Broncos/Cards look like perfect trade partners for Rosen if they decide to move along with Kyler Murray. I would love this and honestly cant believe it hasnt been discussed more from the Broncos side since the Murray news has picked up steam.

Word is that Rosen is being lined up for a trade to the Pats

28 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Word is that Rosen is being lined up for a trade to the Pats

Elway needs to put that phone call in then. There are opportunities out there to get your young QB. Cant be passive. Would you rather spend a 2nd on Rosen or your 10th pick in the draft on Drew Lock is the question.

I cannot believe Elway and FO company really feel content with Flacco + late round development QB.

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Elway needs to put that phone call in then. There are opportunities out there to get your young QB. Cant be passive. Would you rather spend a 2nd on Rosen or your 10th pick in the draft on Drew Lock is the question.

I cannot believe Elway and FO company really feel content with Flacco + late round development QB.

Honestly it feels like the front office does not see Rosen or any of the 2019 QBs as the answer. I agree with you - obviously we need a great young QB. Broncos passing on Rosen at 1.5 last year tells me that they do not believe he is a franchise QB, and therefor would not be worth the 2nd round pick he would likely cost.

The Flacco trade gave us a longer leash on the stop gap, giving us 2020 and 2021 options as opposed to Keenums contract expiring this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft Lock this year, but I am hoping that since all I am seeing is that all of the 2018 QBs are better than this batch that we take a pass and wait for 2020. If they believe Lock is a franchise QB by all means, pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

Can totally see Elway going after Brett Rypien.  Elway and et al would actually have a nice setup, if Keenum restructures to be the backup.  This way you have Flacco on a non-guaranteed contract, Keenum as the long-term solution to backup (which is needed and think Keenum is an A1 backup)...then you have a guy like Rypien who can either wait and develop, or he take over if his development is accelerated with the non-guaranteed contract of Flacco.  

22 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Can totally see Elway going after Brett Rypien.  Elway and et al would actually have a nice setup, if Keenum restructures to be the backup.  This way you have Flacco on a non-guaranteed contract, Keenum as the long-term solution to backup (which is needed and think Keenum is an A1 backup)...then you have a guy like Rypien who can either wait and develop, or he take over if his development is accelerated with the non-guaranteed contract of Flacco.  

If keeenum restructures I think he'd get traded. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Anyone else worried about the Antonio Brown rumors?

Micro - no, not really. I think that his trade value is such an unknown. Getting him for a 3rd rounder? Sign me up.

Macro - yes. Elway's denial of being in a rebuilding stage can be a very damaging philosophy leading to many many 8-8 seasons.

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Anyone else worried about the Antonio Brown rumors?

I hope it’s just a bogus report.  I want no part of Brown.  I think that Brown and the Steelers organization were both part of the problem, but the more Brown runs his mouth prior to getting traded the more clear it becomes that he’s childish and only cares about himself. 

• Like 1

I went and checked out the Titans / Steelers drafts with Munchak on staff (as HC of Titans / OL Coach for Steelers) and surprisingly they did not draft a lot of OL.

In his third year as HC they drafted Warmack at 1.10, then a Center in the 4th.

Steelers drafted an OT in the 4th round in 2016, and 3rd round of 2018. 

Kinda expected to see more OL picks (there was 1 or 2 7th round OL, and a Long Snapper in there). I know each offensive line is different, but the Titans OLine in that span certainly was not great. Steelers definitely had more talent and did not need to draft as high during his time there.

2 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

I went and checked out the Titans / Steelers drafts with Munchak on staff (as HC of Titans / OL Coach for Steelers) and surprisingly they did not draft a lot of OL.

In his third year as HC they drafted Warmack at 1.10, then a Center in the 4th.

Steelers drafted an OT in the 4th round in 2016, and 3rd round of 2018. 

Kinda expected to see more OL picks (there was 1 or 2 7th round OL, and a Long Snapper in there). I know each offensive line is different, but the Titans OLine in that span certainly was not great. Steelers definitely had more talent and did not need to draft as high during his time there.

LOL