Do you think that Brady has fallen off?

patriotsheatyan

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Next year, which I assume barring some miracle will be his last, is where I think it's going to be pronounced enough where you really notice it if you're just an average fan or a fan of an opposing team. His legs aren't getting any less wear and tear on them as he gets older and takes more hits and more reps. I think the decline in arm strength is going to be readily apparent then. Which leaves the Pats kinda screwed because they are nowhere near 2015 Bronco's level of being talented enough around him to allow him to ride off into the sunset.

Then shame on Belichick for building a team that has no hope of winning without top 3 QB play. Brady may be declining, but he isn't going to have a Favre/Peyton level drop off in play. Physically he's in much better condition than Peyton was, and his game is much more about timing and being cerebral than Favre's gunslinging style. The Pats could win with Brady for another three years if Bill could remember how to acquire and assemble talent.

42 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Then shame on Belichick for building a team that has no hope of winning without top 3 QB play. Brady may be declining, but he isn't going to have a Favre/Peyton level drop off in play. Physically he's in much better condition than Peyton was, and his game is much more about timing and being cerebral than Favre's gunslinging style. The Pats could win with Brady for another three years if Bill could remember how to acquire and assemble talent.

Bill wanted Jimmy G and probably saw that Brady wasn't going to be here forever and they could've gotten back a good haul for him. Pats owner is much more to blame if the decline is indeed happening.

Let me first preface what I have to say with this: has Tom Brady's skills diminished to any degree? Absolutely. Not every throw he makes anymore it's on a dime you see him overthrow people more you see a little less accuracy with him at times.

Now that I have that out of the way meme one order quarterback including Ben Roethlisberger who hasn't shown some decline in skills. Tom Brady did what you want your quarterback to be able to do and that is put the offense in a position to have a chance to win the game. The Steelers defense stepped up when they absolutely needed to and made it really hard for Tom Brady to complete a pass into the endzone. When I feel like we saw today was I Steelers playing up to their potential even though we can all agree that they are still not a very good defense but to be fair the New England Patriots roster is not nearly as strong as it's been in the past. It is still very capable of winning football games but I feel like the Steelers did a good job scheming against the New England Patriots something they don't normally do and I don't think that that should speak at all to how good Tom Brady is or is not this was an excellent game

10 hours ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

All teams, to a point, rely on top QB play.  The NFL is cyclical.  It is amazing what the Steelers and Pats have done to stay competitive for so long.  Realizing both fan bases are spoiled with expected success.  The Pats have not draft in the top 10 ( via record not trade) since 2002.  The only team to beat them in that is the Steelers who have not drafted in the top 10 since 2000.  Now compare that to the Jags that have had 10 years in a row of top 10 picks.

A little bit... Father time is clearly catching up, or at least it's finally becoming a bit noticeable (I could have sworn he looked physically better last year than the year before). Mind is as sharp as ever, arm is good enough, and he can still take hits, so he remains a top QB in my minds but from here on out he is only going to slowly get worse. 

Certainly showing some signs. 

However, I believe its more effected by the remainder of the team degenerating into the "stupid football" syndrome! 1) Poor coaching and time management decisions, 2) the disgusting level of "pass reciever  non-route running" deployment, 3) the nfl reciever obligatory number of dropped passes, the ones that hit him in the helmet or hands, 4) stupid penalty violations, ...etc.

You know what we are shown and offered in just about every game!

12 hours ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

This. Always astonishing how overrated Belichick among NFL fans is. He will get exposed or already is and probably will retire shortly after Brady or with him. For a long time he has fielded defenses with little talent and the Patriots still don't have cap space. 

Brady has carried BB for 10+ years now.

15 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Fallen off from league MVP at 40? Yeah a little. His accuracy and decisiveness are certainly a little worse this year, and you can start to see the cracks.

But he's still a great QB held back by at this point, a pretty crappy team.

This sounds like some of the talk about Rodgers on our subforum.

I wish our team was this crappy...

11 hours ago, Classic said:

Bill wanted Jimmy G and probably saw that Brady wasn't going to be here forever and they could've gotten back a good haul for him. Pats owner is much more to blame if the decline is indeed happening.

Jimmy G isn't the player he once was.  He has been a disappointment for us.

All of this talk about his 'decline' just shows how much football is a team sport.  You can have an elite QB but if the rest of the team struggles your team does too.

Archived