Who are the GREAT teams in the NFL this year?

kyle21121

23 hours ago, game3525 said:

There are none. 

-KC has a bad defense

-Rams and Saints peaked a month ago

-NE can't win on the road.

-Chargers, Texans, and Bears have zero experience.

-The Steelers are the Steelers

-Seahawks, Vikings, Ravens and Cowboys are limited on offense.

This season is the opposite of 2013 where there were 2-3 teams that were leagues better then everyone else. This year, anyone can be beat, which should make the playoffs fun. 

This is actually the closest to how I feel on the subject and why caused me to start the topic. 

December is a time when teams lose inexplicably. I wouldn't read too much into the upsets.

Your great teams (on a grading scale) are still the top 3 that have been there all year.

Chiefs, Rams and Saints. They are a cut above everyone else. 

Texans, Chargers and Bears are a tier below those teams IMO.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:19 AM, jaa1025 said:

December is a time when teams lose inexplicably. I wouldn't read too much into the upsets.

Your great teams (on a grading scale) are still the top 3 that have been there all year.

Chiefs and Rams are below Chargers and Saints.

Chiefs and Rams are with Bears and Texans.  Not sure how you have it the other way around. Strange really. 

15 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I don't see how anyone can watch the last several weeks and come away thinking KC, LA, and NO are a tier above everyone. 

I don't think we're a tier above everyone, I think we're in roughly the same tier as Rams, Chiefs, maybe a few others.

But I think we have potential to be, when offense and defense get on the same page at the same time, like we have a few times this year.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:47 PM, Bearerofnews said:

Chiefs and Rams are below Chargers and Saints.

Chiefs and Rams are with Bears and Texans.  Not sure how you have it the other way around. Strange really. 

How are the Chargers an entire tier above the Chiefs? They won by 1 point in the final seconds of the game because the Chief's D **** the bed. Chargers were outclassed in the majority of the game. And the Chiefs beat them by more than 1 point earlier in the season. You make no sense.

1 hour ago, Shake said:

How are the Chargers an entire tier above the Chiefs? They won by 1 point in the final seconds of the game because the Chief's D **** the bed. Chargers were outclassed in the majority of the game. And the Chiefs beat them by more than 1 point earlier in the season. You make no sense.

I make no sense but you are comparing a week 1 game to a week 15 game? Are you really trying to equate the value of a game in week 1 to week 15. Week 1 is almost an extension of the preseason, with how little starters see in the preseason. The makeup of a team is typically not established until November.

2nd off, KC does 2 things. They pass the ball and rush the passer. Chargers are top 10 on offense and defense in yds and ppg. They are top 10 in passing and rushing defense and top 10 in passing offense and 12th in rushing offense (missing their starter in 4 games)

The fact Chargers were the road team on thursday night football, down 2 probowlers (amongst other starters. I get KC was down some players. None the caliber of Gordon or Allen) getting the short end of officiating for 58 mins of the game and still won. How are they not above KC? I dont want to hear about Hill being wobbled. He looked fine and made a tough catch while being lit up and even got behind coverage a couple of times.

Where is the argument for KC over LAC?

On 2018-12-18 at 8:19 AM, jaa1025 said:

I agree.

Except for the part that teams lose inexplicably in December.

Saints, Rams and Saints should have been expected to lose a few games all along. They were teams that would likely finish between 12-4 and 14-2.

The way the Rams have lost recently is just a bit more unexpected as far as I am concerned.

40 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Some ***** about it but I love how the league is. No juggernauts,  plenty of parity. You could make a case for 10 teams for having a legit sb chance. A ton of for 1/3 of the leagues fan bases rather than 2-3.

Yeah I hope the league continues this way. No more Patriots, Cowboys, 49ers dynasties but with that said I'm sure some team will come out and separate themselves the next few years as the perennial SB contender like their as been in every decade in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Yeah that Bears fan saying LAC over Chiefs was obviously wrong. I think we knew the Chiefs were the better team. And just so you know the Chiefs are winning against the Seahawks.

Chargers are still the better team. I will be shocked if they beat Seattle. If they do ill give them the nod. If they lose, its still LAC.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:58 PM, game3525 said:

I don't see how anyone can watch the last several weeks and come away thinking KC, LA, and NO are a tier above everyone. 

I have no idea who is a tier above whom. It's been a weird couple of weeks. However, I don't think we should overreact to a couple of games. KC, LA, and NO have been the best team over the entirety of the season. I wonder if they've eased up a bit after clinching the playoffs.

Archived