TULANE Slot Corner

230: R7P12

LB NICK DELUCA

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Backup Mike

247: R7P29

RB CHASE EDMONDS

FORDHAM RB Depth

1 hour ago, Jags said:

So Connor Williams is being looked at as a interior OL? 

For a lot of teams, yeah.  Especially since the combine where his arms measured in about an inch too short.  Or rather, an inch shorter than you'd probably hope to see on a tackle, at 33".  

I still think he stands a decent chance of being able to hack it as a tackle, and i'd imagine there's enough of a shortage of quality bookends that some teams will at least give him a shot there.  I think it'd be a good situation here, in that we could afford to let him cross train a bit as a swing tackle/RT, and if that doesn't work out...we could still use a RG anyway.

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

had an idea about maybe having Ragnow and then picking Braden Smith if he was available to play RT but arm length of 32 seems unlikely.

Braden Smith on the other hand, reads like a pure Interior guy through and through to me.  A potentially darn good one, and a potentially really good fit with what they're probably looking for on this team.  But an interior guy.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

For a lot of teams, yeah.  Especially since the combine where his arms measured in about an inch too short.  Or rather, an inch shorter than you'd probably hope to see on a tackle, at 33".  

I still think he stands a decent chance of being able to hack it as a tackle, and i'd imagine there's enough of a shortage of quality bookends that some teams will at least give him a shot there.  I think it'd be a good situation here, in that we could afford to let him cross train a bit as a swing tackle/RT, and if that doesn't work out...we could still use a RG anyway.

Braden Smith on the other hand, reads like a pure Interior guy through and through to me.  A potentially darn good one, and a potentially really good fit with what they're probably looking for on this team.  But an interior guy.

some people were considering him as a RT guy. that arm length should make him inside only. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

some people were considering him as a RT guy. that arm length should make him inside only. 

He's tall and stuff, but yeah...that arm length should end any of that thinking.  I'd never really considered him as anything other than an interior guy, just in his strengths/weaknesses and the way he plays.  But back to the above...there's enough of a shortage in quality tackles (and overall not a strong tackle draft this year) that some teams will look under every rock for potential guys.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

He's tall and stuff, but yeah...that arm length should end any of that thinking.  I'd never really considered him as anything other than an interior guy, just in his strengths/weaknesses and the way he plays.  But back to the above...there's enough of a shortage in quality tackles (and overall not a strong tackle draft this year) that some teams will look under every rock for potential guys.

check out mock on this page.  

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

check out mock on this page.  

I like it.  I still think it's pretty optimistic, but i'd be pretty happy with that for the most part.  I can see why they'd go DLine in this draft, and get a jump on some potential cap flexibility for next year.  And just bpa "value" too maybe.  But i think it also bears mention that next year looks like it could be a really stacked DLine draft.  It's so early though, many things can change.

I've been doing a lot of LBer watching the last little while, and i can't say i'm a big fan of DeLuca.  He's one of those guys you kinda want to like, but he seems really limited to me.  Hard to complain about a late pick like that anyway though.  And Chase Edmonds looks super intriguing as a RB from what i've seen with the next pick, so that works out alright.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I like it.  I still think it's pretty optimistic, but i'd be pretty happy with that for the most part.  I can see why they'd go DLine in this draft, and get a jump on some potential cap flexibility for next year.  And just bpa "value" too maybe.  But i think it also bears mention that next year looks like it could be a really stacked DLine draft.  It's so early though, many things can change.

I've been doing a lot of LBer watching the last little while, and i can't say i'm a big fan of DeLuca.  He's one of those guys you kinda want to like, but he seems really limited to me.  Hard to complain about a late pick like that anyway though.  And Chase Edmonds looks super intriguing as a RB from what i've seen with the next pick, so that works out alright.

i think if we want a Replacement Mike and use him like Poz i think he can work.  just a 7th round gamble. 

18 minutes ago, MoJo122-b-21 said:

Unless someone interesting falls, this makes good sense. I'm hoping someone who can start inside and be a possibility to move to RT when Parnell ages out. 

*Connor Williams*

But yeah, I agree. RG is a bit of an issue and RT still lacks a long term fixture.

I think OL, DL, or TE is the move at 29.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

*Connor Williams*

But yeah, I agree. RG is a bit of an issue and RT still lacks a long term fixture.

I think OL, DL, or TE is the move at 29.

i wouldnt be opposed to drafting a straight IOL and drafting a Future RT that needs a touch of development.  really hope they look at Harrison and Parker if they wanna go look at mid-late round options

Archived