Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I found this interesting I was reading somewhere about Leatherwood performance this year and the analyst says he does everything right except opens up to the inside instead of the outside like he's playing the left side of the line instead of the right.

I'm not sure if it is an easy fix but seems to be. Just found it interesting

Clearly not an easy fix considering he's 1 year into his professional career and not improving. 

This is why Cable needs to get the hell out of here. He's always trying to force players against what they are natural at. Leatherwood should be on the left side playing G. 

It's fine to take someone like James, a URFA and experiment with him. But taking a first round pick who's talent is playing on the left side and forcing him to start at RT, then RG is negligent to a degree. 

Cable trying to patchwork an Oline is beyond obnoxious at this stage.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I found this interesting I was reading somewhere about Leatherwood performance this year and the analyst says he does everything right except opens up to the inside instead of the outside like he's playing the left side of the line instead of the right.

I'm not sure if it is an easy fix but seems to be. Just found it interesting

Did not think it would be that obvious but stuff like that happens when you try to take left side players and move them to the right based off of measurables alone.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Clearly not an easy fix considering he's 1 year into his professional career and not improving. 

This is why Cable needs to get the hell out of here. He's always trying to force players against what they are natural at. Leatherwood should be on the left side playing G. 

It's fine to take someone like James, a URFA and experiment with him. But taking a first round pick who's talent is playing on the left side and forcing him to start at RT, then RG is negligent to a degree. 

Cable trying to patchwork an Oline is beyond obnoxious at this stage.

Actually I will say he finally was giving help on some double blocks against the Chargers and pass blocked a lot better than I normally remember. Sometimes I think he's a little slow upstairs, but objectively he's a very physically talented pedigreed OL.

None of us were a fan of the pick (and none of us probably will be), but I'm willing to give him next season to prove himself, assuming we have a backup plan as well.

That being said, while I think it's possible he becomes a monster at guard because of his size/strength/length, I don't see him being a success at RT because I don't think he will ever be the kind of technician he needs to be without being a super athlete in terms of fluidity/flexibility that some tackles have.

Agree though that we should put him at LG. It's not like Simpson is a world beater either.

Am I the only one in this forum that went through the last 4 weeks of the season expecting each game to be the game that ended our playoff hopes?  I told my son each week that there was always next season and to not let it get to him.  

I really didn't think we'd be here right now.  You look at everything and it just doesn't make sense.  It's like a higher power became a Raiders fan about a month ago.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Actually I will say he finally was giving help on some double blocks against the Chargers and pass blocked a lot better than I normally remember. Sometimes I think he's a little slow upstairs, but objectively he's a very physically talented pedigreed OL.

None of us were a fan of the pick (and none of us probably will be), but I'm willing to give him next season to prove himself, assuming we have a backup plan as well.

That being said, while I think it's possible he becomes a monster at guard because of his size/strength/length, I don't see him being a success at RT because I don't think he will ever be the kind of technician he needs to be without being a super athlete in terms of fluidity/flexibility that some tackles have.

Agree though that we should put him at LG. It's not like Simpson is a world beater either.

Leatherwood doesn’t strike me as mentally slow, in fact he seemed bright in interviews.  I think he’s struggling mentally with moving to the Right side.  I think he should be moved to LG if he doesn’t blow up camp at RT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

What?  I get being mad at him for some penalties but he didn’t suck at Alabama.  Come on.  That’s very hyperbolic.  Was he worth 17? No. But he didn’t suck.

He was totally garbage his final year. Went from a projected Top 15 pick to a projected Late 2nd Rounder.