Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 3/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

He was garbage at G lol but just like Parker will have a solid game every once in a while

He'll be a lot better at LG than either positions on the right side. If he improves on the penalties and becomes a top 12-15 Guard, that's a win whether he was over drafted or not. 

19 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Slight misnomer there......of course Crosby is going to have more pressures that Watt, because Watt turned 23 of those pressures into actual sacks 😁😁 

If Crosby is going to be one of the top paid DEs he has to convert those pressures into sacks IMO. He has potential to be great but I think he needs to take that next step.

It's hard to convert pressures into sacks when he's constantly double teamed and held. He wreaks havoc in the backfield whether he gets sacks or not though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

He'll be a lot better at LG than either positions on the right side. If he improves on the penalties and becomes a top 12-15 Guard, that's a win whether he was over drafted or not. 

Interesting curious You think gallery was a win for us?

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting curious You think gallery was a win for us?

A win, no. But he performed much better as a left guard. I still didn't like the pick however. I wanted Fitzgerald. LOL. I'm rarely a homer. I believe I've only been a homer with three players. Hockanson, Fant and now Linderbaum.

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

A win, no. But he performed much better as a left guard because he was better suited for the left side. He wasn't very good on the right side. I still didn't like the pick however. I wanted Fitzgerald. LOL. I'm rarely a homer. I believe I've only been a homer with three players. Hockanson, Fant and now Linderbaum.

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

A win, no. But he performed much better as a left guard. I still didn't like the pick however. I wanted Fitzgerald. LOL. I'm rarely a homer. I believe I've only been a homer with three players. Hockanson, Fant and now Linderbaum.

I see a homerific pattern of Hawkeyes lol

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

It's hard to convert pressures into sacks when he's constantly double teamed and held. He wreaks havoc in the backfield whether he gets sacks or not though.

Now I do agree he was held a lot last year, but he probably wasn't held any more than Watt, just that we didn't get the penalties. I don't recall him being double teamed that often though. Listen, I do love him as a player but my point is that pressures are very good but sacks end drives. A pressure on 3rd down and the QB can still complete the pass but a sack is end of drive. Plus you get fumbles with sacks too. I love Crosby but I feel he needs to still take that next step and deliver 12+ sacks together with his high number of pressures.

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Now I do agree he was held a lot last year, but he probably wasn't held any more than Watt, just that we didn't get the penalties. I don't recall him being double teamed that often though. Listen, I do love him as a player but my point is that pressures are very good but sacks end drives. A pressure on 3rd down and the QB can still complete the pass but a sack is end of drive. Plus you get fumbles with sacks too. I love Crosby but I feel he needs to still take that next step and deliver 12+ sacks together with his high number of pressures.

I don't disagree with you. 

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

current cap space 17m. still waiting for these guys to be cut, any day now 

• Littleton 11.8m Post June 1st
  • Nassib 8.0m  Post June 1st
  • Nick K 7m Post June 1st

save up to 43m.. Good is 50/50 to get cut to save 4m

We can only choose 2 to be post June 1st cuts now but that does not help us with cap space until June 1st.  We still have to carry them on the books until then for cap purposes.