Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We had this off-season to bring in players that fit into his culture and the team looks significantly less disciplined and motivated then they did when he was coaching JMD's guys. Leading the league in missed tackles as a team is soft. We didn't have a QB last year and they still found a way to win and compete. At this point it's not even really about winning as much as it is competing. We've gotten blown out in 3/4 weeks by bad to average teams.

Yeah.  I know.  I'm just trying to have some faith.  I was in the camp that wanted Harbaugh.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Culture from dictator to your coach acting like your friend can be done quickly.  The other direction takes time.

You create a culture by finding an identity your players buy into that ultimately wins you games. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I honestly think AP can change the culture.  I just think he needs to get rid of certain players to fit the culture.  Diva WRs who don't want to play in the preseason don't fit the culture.  CBs who avoid tackles (J. Jones) don't fit the culture.  We probably should have kept Amik Robertson.  He definitely fit the culture.

Pierce got some good results when the emotions were high and he could ride on the “we got rid of McDaniels!” high. Starting afresh this season there are definitely some gaps in the culture he’s creating. Players getting thrown under the bus in public, still not really knowing what you’re doing at your most important position, players clearly disgruntled again.

Plus they’re just playing flat out soft right now and are being coached very conservatively. I’m not sure what culture that’s meant to be but it doesn’t seem like either the players or the fans are buying in.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Pierce got some good results when the emotions were high and he could ride on the “we got rid of McDaniels!” high. Starting afresh this season there are definitely some gaps in the culture he’s creating. Players getting thrown under the bus in public, still not really knowing what you’re doing at your most important position, players clearly disgruntled again.

Plus they’re just playing flat out soft right now and are being coached very conservatively. I’m not sure what culture that’s meant to be but it doesn’t seem like either the players or the fans are buying in.

Alright.  So, who do we sign as our next HC?  I hope AP does well but if he doesn't and we end up firing him, who is out there that posters on this forum want to sign as the Raiders next HC?

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Were the players ever this upset publicly under JMD?

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Alright.  So, who do we sign as our next HC?  I hope AP does well but if he doesn't and we end up firing him, who is out there that posters on this forum want to sign as the Raiders next HC?

Ben Johnson seems to be a name universally liked around here. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd prefer Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson, I just pray we go for an ascending offensive minded coach and not another retread.

36 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Honestly, I don’t even have a strong preference at this point, although if we can somehow snag Ben Johnson I think that would be a top hire. Not sure if it’ll be possible though, as hell have his pick of the jobs and he also seems to be fine with the idea of staying in Detroit until the perfect opportunity arises.

It does just feel like things aren’t going to work out with this staff unfortunately.

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

Ben Johnson seems to be a name universally liked around here. 

There's two concerns that I have with Ben Johnson.
(Apart of the risk that we do not know if he can be a good HC aswell - but that's a risk we would have with all candidates)

1.) His offense is currently state of the art in the NFL. Nobody runs an offense close to Ben Johnson's and defenses have a hard time to defend that offense.
However, there will come the time, when a smart DC knows how to attack that offense (maybe already this upcoming Sunday with Brian Flores), and the major question is, can he evolve his scheme, when the time comes. He's an OC for only 2(?) years now, so he didn't have to adjust that much so far, I guess.

2.) The lions have a stacked roster on the offense with many high draftpicks, that we don't have - especially on the O-Line. And their WRs are a major part in the run game - where I think our WRs could be better.
On the other hand, we do have a Brock Bowers, who I think he would have fun to work with.

As potential Rookie QB for Ben Johnson's offense, I would either say Carson Beck could work, because I think there are some similarities to Jared Goff - or Jalen Milroe could also be one to look at, who can give him another option in the run game.

Edited by Styrian Raider

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

3-4 first and 2-3 2nds… I would probably do it…. 

I mean that’s a different proposition to what you asked because that’s about 3x what we got for Mack.

Honestly if it’s 3 1sts and a couple of 2nds I don’t think anyone could say no. The problem is nobody will ever trade that amount.