Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

22 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'd prefer to roll with Gregg and keep Kitchens on deck, but I'm happy to keep him and Mayfield together. His ability as a head coach will be contingent on a lot of things we don't know about him.

If kitchen is on deck, let him just take over so he can get his learning on the job mistake out of the way now and let him build the staff he wants now 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If kitchen is on deck, let him just take over so he can get his learning on the job mistake out of the way now and let him build the staff he wants now 

I meant more on deck in case Gregg disappoints.  I feel like we have too much potential next year to trudge through Kitchens learning on the job.  As I said though, hiring him as the head coach is like option B or C to me.

If it really comes down to Kitchens long term or Gregg Williams and Kitchens for just a year or two, I'd rather roll my dice on keeping both of them for a year or two, cashing in now, assuming Baker will lead a good offense as long as he has decent OC calling plays long term, and knowing that if it starts falling apart at the seams immediately Kitchens will be around at least another year.

That also said, I don't think Gregg Williams is an amazing DC, I actually think he may be a better head coach.  His son Blake calling plays is silly, although he probably won't hire a legit DC.  Our talent on defense is a bit overrated; our LBs are all bad tacklers and we have no depth on d-line.  I attribute the fiasco against the Ravens about equally on the defensive gameplan and just really bad personnel for stopping the run.

26 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

He ain't stupid, so yes.

Presumably, that's what the other guy was in for today. His contract with Minnesota expired at midnight.

He is called " The cute guy from the Vikings" He is the Brady Quinn of OC's but hopefully better at his day job.

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I meant more on deck in case Gregg disappoints.  I feel like we have too much potential next year to trudge through Kitchens learning on the job.  As I said though, hiring him as the head coach is like option B or C to me.

If it really comes down to Kitchens long term or Gregg Williams and Kitchens for just a year or two, I'd rather roll my dice on keeping both of them for a year or two, cashing in now, assuming Baker will lead a good offense as long as he has decent OC calling plays long term, and knowing that if it starts falling apart at the seams immediately Kitchens will be around at least another year.

That also said, I don't think Gregg Williams is an amazing DC, I actually think he may be a better head coach.  His son Blake calling plays is silly, although he probably won't hire a legit DC.  Our talent on defense is a bit overrated; our LBs are all bad tacklers and we have no depth on d-line.  I attribute the fiasco against the Ravens about equally on the defensive gameplan and just really bad personnel for stopping the run.

I agree! This team still has a lot of holes, and there were more times I was unhappy with the D than I was with the O. I sometimes wondered if the Browns had any LB's on the field! The tackling was abysmal. And look at what the Chargers did to the Ravens. They made Jackson look like he was playing in his first game! That's next level talent! 

Archived