Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

what if kitchens the associate HC is the dude.

Pretty unlikely that Dorsey would have pegged him from day 1 given that before the chain of events that led to Kitchens having such a prominent role only happened because of ineptitude/malevolence by the HC and OC. 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Good points, but I still wonder how much is Kitchens and how much is Mayfield just being allowed to do what he does. He replaced TieRod, the offense is immediately better but he’s not allowed to audible. Hue et al are fired the offense gets even better now he is allowed to audible. 

Btw if people think I’m just picking on Kitchens, I’m actually the one who was a proponent of him being promoted to OC when many in here were wondering why. 

I don’t mind your skepticism as you back it up with rationale.

And I see @dawgdish has that handsome devil for an avi too, love it.

3 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Pretty unlikely that Dorsey would have pegged him from day 1 given that before the chain of events that led to Kitchens having such a prominent role only happened because of ineptitude/malevolence by the HC and OC. 

You mean the HC he was forced to keep and the OC the incompetent HC hired?

23 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Good points, but I still wonder how much is Kitchens and how much is Mayfield just being allowed to do what he does. He replaced TieRod, the offense is immediately better but he’s not allowed to audible. Hue et al are fired the offense gets even better now he is allowed to audible. 

Btw if people think I’m just picking on Kitchens, I’m actually the one who was a proponent of him being promoted to OC when many in here were wondering why. 

This offense isn't set up perfectly for Baker yet so there is still work to be done. It is certainly better than with Hue/Haley here but the rhythm still needs work.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mind your skepticism as you back it up with rationale.

And I see @dawgdish has that handsome devil for an avi too, love it.

Btw Grossi said today on the radio that it wasn’t Williams that promoted him, that it was Dorsey. So you guys just might get your wish 😉

3 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

1. Arians plays to strengths. The seven step drop backs in Zona were for Palmer. Check out https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/5317/5-bruce-arians-play-calling-philosophies-the-nfl-will-miss. Our offense has done every single one of these things since Kitchens took over. Offensive line play is a factor in every one of those QBs getting injured. 

2. Hue has been a coach forever too. That didn't make him any good. Coincidentally, hot young coordinators can be bad too. Didn't DeFilippo just get fired after looking like a HC candidate? This isn't a good argument at all. 

3. You're basing the whole argument about him being a perfectionist on comments made in a press conference? The team has still had a ton of penalties. That's not indicative of any "perfection." 

1. Of course what kitchen does is similar to Arians, he learned from him but to think Arians is feeding him, c’mon. Especially the things your link shows, work, so of course Kitchen Will utilize it. Again Kitchen doesn’t lean on the 5-7 step drops that Arians greatly utilized all over his career. Heck Couch would have been a stud in today’s NFL game  

2. Difference is Deflip went to a new organization with a big Head. It was being said that Flip started to put himself ahead of the offense to show out for FOs and further develop his resume.  Kitchen has been here had made connections with the players. I think that benefits him. It’s not about him being a hot offensive brain, yeah his schemes have been great but the way he carries himself and his relationship with the players is getting his name brought up to be the HC

3. I didn’t say the team was perfect but that he demands perfection. That he doesn’t let the little things slide and just gave an obvious example that can be gone back to look at. Look at Calloway after the Texans game. Calloway struggled to do things the right way after that game and the following game he saw one target vs the Panthers. Denver game comes back and Calloway looks a lot more disciplined in his routes and spacing.  

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

downside is that we lose him next year.. same downside as if we hired GGG

We’ll have to wait and see if he gets HC offers. With the success he’s had I have a hard time believing he’d leave if Arians was the HC. At least for me I’d like to perfect my craft before I take the reins.

Just now, pnies20 said:

We’ll have to wait and see if he gets HC offers. With the success he’s had I have a hard time believing he’d leave if Arians was the HC. At least for me I’d like to perfect my craft before I take the reins.

I mean he’s got our offense to 4th in DVOA and Baker’s is second behind only Mahomes since he took over.

Im not saying it’s perfect, but that’s pretty elite.

Arians,Kitchens,Pagano. This will be our staff next year. Dorsey will do his little search and outside of Lincoln Riley or Nick Saban coming here I don’t see any viable candidates he would really look at. I hope he interviews Vic he’s really grown on me. 

Here is a look at the coaches Freddie Kitchens has cross paths with in his NFL coaching career that he could potentially bring in.

First off current head coaches that probably aren't going to be available for the Browns.

Anthony Lynn & Frank Reicht, but it is good to know that he has been in offensive meeting rooms with these guys who are clearly successful NFL coaches.

Also,

Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona 2007
-Current OC in Los Angeles. Probably not a candidate to come here.

The next group is the please dear sweet mother of mercy please don't do that to us again.

Todd Haley in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2007
-Fired midway through this season by Browns. Lets hope Kitchens would be smart enough not to bring him back. Doubt that he would come back.

Ray Horton in Arizona 2011
-Hasn't been in leauge since being fired by Browns in 2017. Lets hope he doesn't get a call from us again.

Position Coach possibilities

Brenston Buckner in Arizona in 2012 (DL)
-Half dozen years of coaching DL expeirence.

Steve Heiden in Arizona 13-17 (TE/OL)
-Not a lot of great things for the Arizona OL under his coaching but he was only an assistant OL coach and just getting his feet wet with not much talent to coach. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

Larry Zierlein  in Arizona 13-17 (OL)
-Year and years of coaching OL experience. Has been an OL coach here in Cleveland before.

Here are the two coaches I would for sure love to have reunite with Freddie.

Todd Bowels in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2012
-Current HC of the New York Jets. If fired could potentially be a DC candidate with connections to Freddie Kitchens. Was a great DC in Arizona and had a high 3rd down success rate. Took over for Ray Horton and too the defense to a new level. Hasn't been dealt the best cards in New York as a HC and I think he would thrive again back in a DC role.

Russ Grimm in Arizona 2007
-Retired by is only 59 and we all know how retirements from coaching go in the NFL. Has had high levels of success at multiple different stops. Like I said he is still young and we all know the draw a young franchise QB can have on coaches "retirements".

Judging by his coaching connections I would like to hope he would rely on some help and take suggestions from Dorsey/Wolfe/Highsmith should he be the one getting the Head Coaching job.

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Here is a look at the coaches Freddie Kitchens has cross paths with in his NFL coaching career that he could potentially bring in.

First off current head coaches that probably aren't going to be available for the Browns.

Anthony Lynn & Frank Reicht, but it is good to know that he has been in offensive meeting rooms with these guys who are clearly successful NFL coaches.

Also,

Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona 2007
-Current OC in Los Angeles. Probably not a candidate to come here.

The next group is the please dear sweet mother of mercy please don't do that to us again.

Todd Haley in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2007
-Fired midway through this season by Browns. Lets hope Kitchens would be smart enough not to bring him back. Doubt that he would come back.

Ray Horton in Arizona 2011
-Hasn't been in leauge since being fired by Browns in 2017. Lets hope he doesn't get a call from us again.

Position Coach possibilities

Brenston Buckner in Arizona in 2012 (DL)
-Half dozen years of coaching DL expeirence.

Steve Heiden in Arizona 13-17 (TE/OL)
-Not a lot of great things for the Arizona OL under his coaching but he was only an assistant OL coach and just getting his feet wet with not much talent to coach. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken droppings.

Larry Zierlein  in Arizona 13-17 (OL)
-Year and years of coaching OL experience. Has been an OL coach here in Cleveland before.

Here are the two coaches I would for sure love to have reunite with Freddie.

Todd Bowels in Dallas 2006 in Arizona 2012
-Current HC of the New York Jets. If fired could potentially be a DC candidate with connections to Freddie Kitchens. Was a great DC in Arizona and had a high 3rd down success rate. Took over for Ray Horton and too the defense to a new level. Hasn't been dealt the best cards in New York as a HC and I think he would thrive again back in a DC role.

Russ Grimm in Arizona 2007
-Retired by is only 59 and we all know how retirements from coaching go in the NFL. Has had high levels of success at multiple different stops. Like I said he is still young and we all know the draw a young franchise QB can have on coaches "retirements".

Judging by his coaching connections I would like to hope he would rely on some help and take suggestions from Dorsey/Wolfe/Highsmith should he be the one getting the Head Coaching job.

Can’t forget he has Bama connections as well

I don’t think anyone is saying Freddie should not get consideration, I think people are just saying let’s not put all our eggs in one basket, this decision is arguably the biggest decision this team has faced, we want this choice to grow with the young assets we have for the next decade, and we just want to exaust all our options available to us. This job will be arguably the most enticing job available in all the NFL

16 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Can’t forget he has Bama connections as well

He has not had any coaching connections with anyone since 1996 when he was a player 22 years ago. He was the starting QB while Dabo Swinney was a TE coach.

He was a Graduate Assistant for Nick Saban in 2000 at LSU

Those are the only 2 Alabama "connections" in the coaching circles for Freddie Kitchens and neither of those guys are coming here to be HC let alone and assistant on Freddie's staff.

2 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He has not had any coaching connections with anyone since 1996 when he was a player 22 years ago. He was the starting QB while Dabo Swinney was a TE coach.

He was a Graduate Assistant for Nick Saban in 2000 at LSU

Those are the only 2 Alabama "connections" in the coaching circles for Freddie Kitchens and neither of those guys are coming here to be HC let alone and assistant on Freddie's staff.

Shut up with your “facts”, we’re having a Freddie Kitchens circle jerk and if you don’t like it you can leave Debbie Downer!!!!!!!!

!!!!

Archived