Why is Shaun Dion Hamilton starting over zach brown?

mar29020

55 minutes ago, Woz said:

No.
Just no.

I think it’s going to happen eventually IMO. Ruben Foster will probably be suspended 6 games or longer next year, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the active roster at some point in the second half of the 2019 season.

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

I'd be surprised if they cut foster after a suspension.  After all of this, Allen will think he has to get something of value for it.

Exactly. Now that may differ if a new regime comes in but I just don’t see anyway the next guy running the show isn’t Kyle Smith. 

On 12/21/2018 at 10:53 PM, Slateman said:

I'd be surprised if they cut foster after a suspension.  After all of this, Allen will think he has to get something of value for it.

Agreed. And honestly, it would be pretty stupid to cut him now. 

Take all the PR hit, lose all the moral standing, in essence get all the negative consequences to claiming him — and then not even reap the reward at the end of that sordid rainbow. To me, something like this is a classic “in for a penny, in for a pound” situation. Once you claim him, you’re pretty much committed to keeping him until he’s able to play again. 

SDH and Foster would be a pretty intriguing ILB duo. I would still be looking to draft (or sign — just saw that CJ Mosley is potentially a pending free agent) a star at the position and keep SDH in a 3rd ILB role. But that would be an interesting combination. 

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Agreed. And honestly, it would be pretty stupid to cut him now. 

Take all the PR hit, lose all the moral standing, in essence get all the negative consequences to claiming him — and then not even reap the reward at the end of that sordid rainbow. To me, something like this is a classic “in for a penny, in for a pound” situation. Once you claim him, you’re pretty much committed to keeping him until he’s able to play again. 

SDH and Foster would be a pretty intriguing ILB duo. I would still be looking to draft (or sign — just saw that CJ Mosley is potentially a pending free agent) a star at the position and keep SDH in a 3rd ILB role. But that would be an interesting combination. 

I’d love to get Mosley but I can’t see the Ravens letting him go. They’re going to cut or trade Flacco and open up cap space to be able to re-sign guys.

Archived