SDotNova

What are you hoping for?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are you hoping for?

• Jets win and Darnold plays well
    • Jets lose and Darnold plays well
    • Jets lose and it doesn’t matter how Darnold plays

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

“It’s all about Darnold” is something that’s going to drive me insane lol. I get what you mean but I can’t wait for the day when it’s all about the team. 

lol I'm with you, but you don't want it to be about the team when you're trying to lock in a high draft pick.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, famousj said:

The Jets need to lose the next 2 games.   My choice would to be sit Sam Darnold to rest his foot and play younger players to see what the Jets have to work with for the future.  Sam Darnold has shown he can learn and play well in a system.   There may be another offensive system with a new set of WRs to work with if Todd Bowles is fired.   If Oakland and Arizona are foolish enough to win games the Jets can have an even higher pick to work with.  They can trade the pick  and get more picks to add much needed talent around Sam Darnold.  The last 2 games will show nothing more than what we already know about Sam Darnold's skillset. 

Choice #4:  Sit Darnold to improve chances of high draft pick

No, we need to lose the next 2 games.  We need the high draft pick too.   We presently have 14 guys on IR and 8 of them were starters at the beginning of the season.

I think a lot of you are forgetting this is the NFL. These players don’t want to lose and the coaches don’t want to lose. So to think we will be benching players to lose is rather idiotic, bc that’s just taking your fandom into perspective. Not what will actually happen. For starters I won’t even entertain the ones saying bench Darnold. I can explain how ridiculous that thought is. So I’ll move on from that. Yes the best thing for us is to lose and get a better draft pick. But that’s very minuscule in how great it is for Darnold to get experience and confidence over these last few weeks. Also for those cheering for losses... we look bad, do you think any FAs will want to come here? No is the answer. Darnold plays well (win or lose) and we have a selling point to FAs. Ideally yes Darnold plays similar to that of last week these last couple weeks. He looks good and we still lose. But I certainly won’t be upset if we win either. Ok years past it was a win can push us out if QB talk. That’s not the case anymore. So we win a game these last 2 weeks and draft Gary instead of Allen. Who cares.

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think a lot of you are forgetting this is the NFL. These players don’t want to lose and the coaches don’t want to lose. So to think we will be benching players to lose is rather idiotic, bc that’s just taking your fandom into perspective. Not what will actually happen. For starters I won’t even entertain the ones saying bench Darnold. I can explain how ridiculous that thought is. So I’ll move on from that. Yes the best thing for us is to lose and get a better draft pick. But that’s very minuscule in how great it is for Darnold to get experience and confidence over these last few weeks. Also for those cheering for losses... we look bad, do you think any FAs will want to come here? No is the answer. Darnold plays well (win or lose) and we have a selling point to FAs. Ideally yes Darnold plays similar to that of last week these last couple weeks. He looks good and we still lose. But I certainly won’t be upset if we win either. Ok years past it was a win can push us out if QB talk. That’s not the case anymore. So we win a game these last 2 weeks and draft Gary instead of Allen. Who cares.

You are right this is not the NBA.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

No, we need to lose the next 2 games.  We need the high draft pick too.   We presently have 14 guys on IR and 8 of them were starters at the beginning of the season.

You have Aaron Rodgers. Go away with that nonsense lol. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You have Aaron Rodgers. Go away with that nonsense lol. 

You guys have a promising young QB who I believe has a bright future and our QB is in the twilight of his career and hasn't played very well since he broke his collarbone last year.  Evidently you haven't see many of our games this year.  There is a chance he may never play up to his considerable standards again.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You guys have a promising young QB who I believe has a bright future and our QB is in the twilight of his career and hasn't played very well since he broke his collarbone last year.  Evidently you haven't see many of our games this year.  There is a chance he may never play up to his considerable standards again.

Yeah hes been disappointing for sure. Im just breakin balls man. Sucks to be in this scenario.

Archived