Ravens to sign John Harbaugh to an extension

game3525

I guess they feel confident in how he's managed the team since Lamar took over. Can't say I agree with the timing, considering if we lose out of the playoffs in the same manner we have for the past couple of years I would like to move on from Harbaugh, but *shrug* I guess it could be worse. We could have Vance Joseph or John Gruden as HC.

I guess it could be worse. We could have Vance Joseph or John Gruden as HC.

Off-topic, but a lot of fans of teams with competent coaches just don't realize how good they have it. Like you think your coach with a +500 record is bad, now imagine having Mike McCoy or Vance Joseph running your team?

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How to keep a job in the NFL:

1. Don't lose every game
  2. Draft a 1st round QB like every 3 years
  3. You're perpetually rebuilding and will never get fired because the QB of the future is just learning

Source:

DN-02P9WAAE-dLs.jpg

Or...

1. Draft a QB once every 10 years and immediately have him lead a playoff contender in year1.

2. Have one losing season in 11 years, without a HOF QB making it easy.

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Or...

1. Draft a QB once every 10 years and immediately have him lead a playoff contender in year1.

2. Have one losing season in 11 years, without a HOF QB making it easy.

I mean the correct answer to this question is obviously that the Ravens should fire John Harbaugh and hire Jeff Fisher.

33 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'd rather have Jim. Hope he comes back.

Be careful what you wish for...John is by far the better coach. Jim grates fiercely on his team and burns through bridges like an arsonist. He is extremely stubborn to the point of foolishness. In game adjustments are rare.

He's much better as a college coach...don't know if Michigan fans would agree.

I'm not mad about this but I hope Harbaugh hires a decent OC for Lamar's sake/career/all the things.

Kind of weird they'd announce it before they have an actual contract in place but whatever. 

I expect it'll be for the length of Lamar's rookie deal (Given harbaugh is signed on for 2019) so like a 3 year extension giving him more or less Lamar's entire 5 years to prove he should be the coach (assuming Lamar doesn't bust hard and he gets fired before then)

Archived