Week 15 GDT: Redskins at Titans

turtle28

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think they all should STFU unless they have played/coached a perfect game.

I disagree. If we have the right to complain about how they play, they can complain too. I have never played a down in the NFL. If anything the players have more a right to complain about the EXACT SAME stuff we complain about.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I disagree. If we have the right to complain about how they play, they can complain too. I have never played a down in the NFL. If anything the players have more a right to complain about the EXACT SAME stuff we complain about.

I'm talking about in public. We don't play a down, true. So our public criticism makes no difference whether a player with the locker next to another is going to back them up or line up correctly, etc...

If a player is going to vent, I'm all for them venting. But do it in private with the person you're venting about. Don't complain to a 3rd party in public and point fingers. And you definitely don't point fingers in public when 4 can be pointed at yourself. At least, when I was coaching, this is what I taught my players.

I love that DJ has heart and passion. We need that. We also don't need the prima donna attitude that I'm starting to get from him. That causes issues in the locker room.

“We’re not supposed to lose this game to a backup quarterback. With what we have on defense, we’re not supposed to lose this game to a backup quarterback.”

Swearinger: “I feel like we should’ve been more aggressive. Feel like in 3rd down & 6, 3rd down & 7 playing a backup quarterback why would you put us in man-to-man?"

“We’re at our best as a defense when we have our eyes on a quarterback. When you go one high on a backup quarterback? That’s easy man! They gonna go back-side every time.”

It’s a bad call. It’s a horrible call. You don’t put Fabian in that situation on a backup quarterback...but I just feel you put us with our eyes facing the quarterback with all the talent we have on the back end, we could dominate every team every week."

"We didn't play make the plays, but put us in better positions."

Swearinger: "If I’m the d-coordinator, I’m calling zone every time on 3rd down every time cause you got a backup quarterback."

“Make him beat us. Make him (think) “oh okay, it’s zone. Go here.” I’m gonna go pick you off. If it’s man, 3x1, you’re going back-side every time. A kindergarten quarterback knows that man."

He is not wrong. Players need to make plays, but Manusky has been horrible all year. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/1076648069033324545

Another article about it

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/we-shouldve-been-more-aggressive-dj-swearinger-hated-late-defensive-playcall

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

“We’re not supposed to lose this game to a backup quarterback. With what we have on defense, we’re not supposed to lose this game to a backup quarterback.”

Swearinger: “I feel like we should’ve been more aggressive. Feel like in 3rd down & 6, 3rd down & 7 playing a backup quarterback why would you put us in man-to-man?"

“We’re at our best as a defense when we have our eyes on a quarterback. When you go one high on a backup quarterback? That’s easy man! They gonna go back-side every time.”

It’s a bad call. It’s a horrible call. You don’t put Fabian in that situation on a backup quarterback...but I just feel you put us with our eyes facing the quarterback with all the talent we have on the back end, we could dominate every team every week."

"We didn't play make the plays, but put us in better positions."

Swearinger: "If I’m the d-coordinator, I’m calling zone every time on 3rd down every time cause you got a backup quarterback."

“Make him beat us. Make him (think) “oh okay, it’s zone. Go here.” I’m gonna go pick you off. If it’s man, 3x1, you’re going back-side every time. A kindergarten quarterback knows that man."

He is not wrong. Players need to make plays, but Manusky has been horrible all year. 

I don't think he's wrong either.

It is possible to 100% agree with his assessment, and also 100% agree that it should've been to Manusky and not to the press.

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't think he's wrong either.

It is possible to 100% agree with his assessment, and also 100% agree that it should've been to Manusky and not to the press.

Honest question, do you think Manusky knows how terrible he is?

They should have fired him a while ago and promoted Tomsula. Maybe we would have had a chance to be a decent defense.

Also, these last couple games have made it very clear who should be kept and who should be gone.

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honest question, do you think Manusky knows how terrible he is?

Nope. He is oblivious. Just like quite a lot of the F.O.

They should have fired him a while ago and promoted Tomsula. Maybe we would have had a chance to be a decent defense.

Also, these last couple games have made it very clear who should be kept and who should be gone.

Agreed

Anyone else see where Uni of Illinois sucked all year. Lost 63-0 to Iowa. To which they gave every single coach a raise, a couple worth hundreds of thousands, and the HC himself, Lovie Smith, a million dollar yearly bump.

They will all get raises. Bruce probably already got one after attending that owners meeting in Dallas on behalf of Dan last week. Nobody going anywhere, Dan will figure if he pays them more, theyll work harder or some crap. And bumps for everyone.

Manusky is a disaster. Whether it be putting Smith and Kerrigan in coverage, having undrafted free agents covering the other teams best receiver, extremely soft cushions or continuing to allow teams to exploit Mason Fosters lack of speed. He’s just a massive failure with a decent amount of talent to work with. If you have no idea how to coach against Blaine Gabbert then you have no place in the NFL. 

STOP DUMPSTER DIVING FOR DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS!

I'm starting to see why Swearinger is on his fourth team in five years.

Honestly,  Moreau is meh and if they're in zone, he still gets a penalty. Manusky is nothing special,  but Swearinger ain't exactly the best at his position. Dude runs his mouth like hes a superstar.

Archived