Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

1 minute ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Guess we have a team full of cowards...Mariota, Casey, Walker, Ryan, Conklin...never gonna be succesfull with a team full of cowards!!!

I mean I don’t agree with the coward talk but comparing an injury prone player to players who really aren’t ever injured is very lol worthy.

marcus seems like a great guy and his teammates love him, but he's always injured and even when he's not he's only good like half the time. i get that people are attached to him because he is a really good dude and has had some notable performances here, but barring some stunning improvement in his game AND his ability to stay healthy, we're going nowhere fast with him.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Guess we have a team full of cowards...Mariota, Casey, Walker, Ryan, Rak, Conklin...never gonna be succesfull with a team full of cowards!!!

Just saw two practices of him moving and throwing perfectly fine. If he can practice, he can play. End of story. No reason to bring up guys like Casey and Walker to compare. We just saw on Thursday AND Friday that he was fine. Get out there and play.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He's basically the same thing as Mariota. We really don't have any other option for 2019.

Mariota is a suitable stop gap QB while we look for another. Similar to what the Chiefs did with Alex Smith.

That’s my concern. Because if we’re moving on from Marcus, it has to be with a draft pick. And we’d likely have to pay a hefty price to get into position. Because we’re currently watching the most productive FA quarterback since Manning lead what was one of the best teams in football with Bradford/Keenum to an 8-7-1 record.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Just saw two practices of him moving and throwing perfectly fine. If he can practice, he can play. End of story. No reason to bring up guys like Casey and Walker to compare. We just saw on Thursday AND Friday that he was fine. Get out there and play.

There’s a massive difference between a controlled, non-contact situation and a live game. Especially when the report is that another hit could damage his ability to throw a football moving forward.

Just now, titans0021 said:

That’s my concern. Because if we’re moving on from Marcus, it has to be with a draft pick. And we’d likely have to pay a hefty price to get into position. Because we’re currently watching the most productive FA quarterback since Manning lead what was one of the best teams in football with Bradford/Keenum to an 8-7-1 record.

i think it's entirely reasonable to pay that price for the right guy. i was saying this earlier, but we have a real solid roster and a genuinely good QB could put us over the top. it's obviously a huge risk, but i feel pretty confident saying that we're not making any deep playoff runs with marcus, so it's a risk worth taking.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i think it's entirely reasonable to pay that price for the right guy. i was saying this earlier, but we have a real solid roster and a genuinely good QB could put us over the top. it's obviously a huge risk, but i feel pretty confident saying that we're not making any deep playoff runs with marcus, so it's a risk worth taking.

Oh yeah, if you think you have a chance at a franchise guy, go ahead. But if you miss, you could do irreparable damage to this team.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

There’s a massive difference between a controlled, non-contact situation and a live game. Especially when the report is that another hit could damage his ability to throw a football moving forward.

The sad part is, if that was the prognosis all along, he was never playing, and the only reason he practiced was to lie to fans so they could sell tickets. Honestly disgusted.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The sad part is, if that was the prognosis all along, he was never playing, and the only reason he practiced was to lie to fans so they could sell tickets. Honestly disgusted.

Or to fool the Colts into wasting most of their time preparing for Mariota?

Archived