Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Apparently if Mariota was to suffer a long term injury his 20.9 million would become guaranteed next year. 

So, if there's a chance he could have a serious injury it's unlikely the team would even consider letting him play regardless of how badly he wants to.

The option is guaranteed for injury only. If the nerve, shoulder, foot are still an issue in March, I think the contract is guaranteed at that point. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don't think even the most die hard of Mariota supporters (me being one) can sign off on a big extension at this point.

At this point, I agree. Only because this injury could longer, and potentially never go away. I was looking at a 4 year contract with about 45M guaranteed in the first 2 seasons, slightly cheaper than what the option + a franchise year would cost. But at this point, I'm for taking this next year as a lame duck year, with the knowledge that if he finally does what we expect, he going to be much more expensive. 

Gabbert is one of the better back up QBs, he could help us win this game... But hes not a threat to take over for Mariota even for 1 year. 

I still insist we take a flyer on Kap. He wouldnt be as expensive as the other options out there (Flacco, Foles), but he provides as much upside, with a chance to be a stop gap for a year if we choose to move on from Mariota after next year. 

38 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

So assuming he doesn't play.. and we lose. This will be the 2nd time in 4 years that a late season Mariota injury cost us a shot at the playoffs. 

Lets not forget that when he broke his ankle in 2016 we were in the heart of the division race.

At this point, there's no way you can justify giving him the big extension he could have drawn this offseason.

To be fair... We were getting stomped by the Jags when he got hurt in 16, so barring a miracle we were out of it.

Definitely need to look at our options this offseason. Marcus will be here next year, but we should plans for future with or without him.

honestly, we have a pretty solid roster here. if we focus on upgrading the trenches this year, we could ride out the next year with marcus and, assuming things don’t work out with him, be in pretty decent position to pull a rams-style trade to jump up and pick whatever top QB we want.

Just now, -Hope- said:

honestly, we have a pretty solid roster here. if we focus on upgrading the trenches this year, we could ride out the next year with marcus and, assuming things don’t work out with him, be in pretty decent position to pull a rams-style trade to jump up and pick whatever top QB we want.

This is a playoff team assuming Marcus is healthy for even a majority of the season, so no, I don't think a Rams-style trade up for a QB is gonna work. Trying to trade up from 24/25 is a lot more difficult than trying to trade up from 14/15(know it was one of those two).

Our only real hope is Marcus somehow shakes the injury bug. Otherwise we have to hope for someone out of FA or a late 1st/2nd/3rd round QB to work out. None of which has a very high success rate.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

This is a playoff team assuming Marcus is healthy for even a majority of the season, so no, I don't think a Rams-style trade up for a QB is gonna work. Trying to trade up from 24/25 is a lot more difficult than trying to trade up from 14/15(know it was one of those two).

Our only real hope is Marcus somehow shakes the injury bug. Otherwise we have to hope for someone out of FA or a late 1st/2nd/3rd round QB to work out. None of which has a very high success rate.

if marcus has a similarly injury-plagued season next year, which i tend to believe he will, i’d guess we finish around .500 with improvements from the colts, texans, and jags, and presumably a tougher schedule due to our finish this year.

Also for Watson it's so obvious he isn't reading to well. 

First read, scramble then try to find Hopkins. 

And I feel good knowing that the Texans and Jaguars have coaches that aren't totally there. 

BoB doing his best to make sure Watson punctures a lung, spleen or colon. 

15 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Texans and Chiefs both traded up from playoff spots and found QBs two years ago. We're obviously not going to get to #1 from #25, but I don't think we have #25 next year if we're looking for a QB anyway. Somewhere around #18-#20 as a team that just misses the playoffs. That would be similar to a Rams move up.

I find it kind of absurd the people have an issue with Marcus followinf Dr's, and feel like he should disregard an independant Dr's advice and play...and risk his career. Which by the way I bet he still wants to play.

Imagine a Dr advised you to not drive or there is a fair chance you get in a wreck and would not be able to work again...even if it was a 10% chance why would anyone consider that. It is easy to criticize others but when your lively hood is on the line you have to think long term.

If anything we should feel bad for him because I promise no one wants him to play more than himself.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Bridgewater, who a lot or people think is the answer, is 13/20 for 105 yards and losing 33-7 to Carolina. 

I've heard people mention paying him to be a backup, but no one saying to cut Mariota and start Teddy.

Also, isn't NO playing mainly their second string across the board? No one would expect them to do well.

Archived