GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants

canadaluvsdallas

Just now, D82 said:

Young Romo would try to make something out of nothing, creating quite a few turnovers as a result.

Young Dak tries to make something out of nothing, but usually takes a sack as a result. 

Romo was accurate. Fearless. He believed he could out throw any coverage. And it burned him to a point of being reckless. But no game was every out of reach for him.

Dak is so cautious. It's a wild difference.

6 minutes ago, J Shank said:

Actually, 

Well clearly Daboys has his criticism of Dak. But the above has nothing to do with whether he is or can or cannot be clutch. 

Can a QB be somewhat clutch and be in the bottom 10 of the league? I don't think he is bottom 10. But he does have an accuracy problem regardless.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Romo was accurate. Fearless. He believed he could out throw any coverage. And it burned him to a point of being reckless. But no game was every out of reach for him.

Dak is so cautious. It's a wild difference.

Dak's cautious...but he also believes he can throw the team on his back and lead them to victory. You don't seem him sulking on the sideline. Ever.

I think one thing that you can take from this game is this is a TEAM not a group of players the way they acted on the sidelines. After the two point conversion tells you everyone is fully invested in the team and each other 

this game has also highlighted what I have seen most the second half of the season we do have a good core TE group   And unless a Gronk type falls to us I really don’t see the need to soend a draft pick on a TE

the game also shows that while our D is great unless it plays with high energy emotion it also can be rather ordinary  we gave up 28 second half points And consider they also scored 7 in the final minute of first half so.   28 plus minutes 0 points 31 plus minutes 35 points. 

I also think this game shows how valuable Zeke is to our D.....    control the clock on O limit the time our D is on the field is the best recipes for this team going forward 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Dak's cautious...but he also believes he can throw the team on his back and lead them to victory. You don't seem him sulking on the sideline. Ever.

And that’s one of the things that I respect about Quincy. He has the intangibles and the leadership, just not the pocket awareness or arm talent. 

29 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

And that’s one of the things that I respect about Quincy. He has the intangibles and the leadership, just not the pocket awareness or arm talent

This is the the biggest problem that I have with Dak and why I feel differently about him as the franchise QB. He doesn't have the arm talent. He's throwing strikes one second, then he's missing wide open players the next. It's frustrating, because the intangibles and leadership that he has is great. 

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

This is the the biggest problem that I have with Dak and why I feel differently about him as the franchise QB. He doesn't have the arm talent. He's throwing strikes one second, then he's missing wide open players the next. It's frustrating, because the intangibles and leadership that he has is great. 

maybe this is more frequent with Dak, but this is normally what every QB does. Just think we watch more of Dallas doing so it seems more common. 

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

maybe this is more frequent with Dak, but this is normally what every QB does. Just think we watch more of Dallas doing so it seems more common. 

The misses down field are definitely more prevalent with Quincy than the real franchise QBs. Every QB misses receivers, but his are not only more frequent, but he misses more wide open WRs than anyone else I watch. Again, when commentators, former players, coaches, etc. regularly mention it, then you can bet it’s a problem.

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Well clearly Daboys has his criticism of Dak. But the above has nothing to do with whether he is or can or cannot be clutch. 

Can a QB be somewhat clutch and be in the bottom 10 of the league? I don't think he is bottom 10. But he does have an accuracy problem 

If you click on the link, he explicitly says Dak is not clutch. Also, all objective evidence is clear and convincing that Dak is extraordinarily clutch, to say otherwise takes Olympic level Mental Gymnastics.

20 minutes ago, J Shank said:

If you click on the link, he explicitly says Dak is not clutch. Also, all objective evidence is clear and convincing that Dak is extraordinarily clutch, to say otherwise takes Olympic level Mental Gymnastics.

I don’t see how people can claim he isn’t clutch. He definitely is. He’s just blissfully unaware of anything related to the pocket and can’t hit the broad side of a barn if it’s more than 8 yards down field. But make no mistake, he has the clutch gene. Quincy has ice water in his veins, and that sense of calm and his poise is felt by the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t see how people can claim he isn’t clutch. He definitely is. He’s just blissfully unaware of anything related to the pocket and can’t hit the broad side of a barn if it’s more than 8 yards down field. But make no mistake, he has the clutch gene. Quincy has ice water in his veins, and that sense of calm and his poise is felt by the rest of the team.

The throw to Beasley was 32 yards down field. The first two TDs to Jarwin were for 19 and 21 yards respectively. C'mon. 

Archived