Official Week 17 GDT: Browns vs Ravens

NudeTayne

2019 Browns HC, binary edition  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you choose? The other goes to another team.

• Freddie Kitchens. And Tayne is my favorite poster. He's also not hard on the eyes.
    • Gregg Williams. And Kiwi can't even find the poll. But he can find the pole, if you know what I mean.

All last night I was thinking Avery was invisible for the first time all year. I didn't think much of it chalking it up to a rookie down game until looking into the snap counts this morning. He played only 39% of the snaps or 30 reps which are both his 3rd lowest totals of the season and by far his lowest in the last 10 weeks.

IMO that was poor game preparation in putting your best players on the field in positions to succeed. I know this year they want him learning one thing at a time and he's been working as mostly a pass rusher but the kid is insanely powerful at the point of attack. He was a monster at Memphis dominating OTs and setting the edge. His hand usage and ability to play the run would have been a huge asset last night.

Was he hurt or am I missing something here?

I noted last night that the speed of the Ravens defense was light years ahead of ours and you could easily see why they are the best in the NFL. I was also thoroughly impressed with Michael Pierce. He was by far the best defender on the field last night IMO. I thought Brandon Williams was their big name but this Pierce kid showed out. I didn't even know who he was so I looked him up and he is a RFA. If Baltimore doesn't tender him or gives him an original round tender I would love the Browns to scoop him up.

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We should call this game the Maryland screw job. Peppers was robbed of 6 on that crappy call.

the more I think of it, Its hard for the refs to not blow the whistle on it, in that situation. It was so close and when the ball breaks the plain the play is suppose to be blown dead. Watching in real time, you think he broke the plain before the ball came loose, just like what happen in the Giants Cowboys game with Barkley but after getting a second look you can see that it was a fumble. Worst part was Landry taking it off the facemask. Literally the ball hit him in the worse spot. Its like it was almost a little too perfect. If it was to the left or right, its a catch and prolly a touchdown.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

the more I think of it, Its hard for the refs to not blow the whistle on it, in that situation. It was so close and when the ball breaks the plain the play is suppose to be blown dead. Watching in real time, you think he broke the plain before the ball came loose, just like what happen in the Giants Cowboys game with Barkley but after getting a second look you can see that it was a fumble. Worst part was Landry taking it off the facemask. Literally the ball hit him in the worse spot. Its like it was almost a little too perfect. If it was to the left or right, its a catch and prolly a touchdown.

I think they need to be advised to swallow their whistles and let things play out more. Not just in that situation, but in general.  That play should be called a fumble 10/10.  If there’s a turnover it goes to review where they can sort things out.

That was the second time this year where we were boned by a premature whistle and those are the types of enormous plays that can make or break a season.

I get focusing on safety, but you have to let things play out.  If folks get hurt in the course of a normal play, that’s kinda part of the game.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they need to be advised to swallow their whistles and let things play out more. Not just in that situation, but in general.  That play should be called a fumble 10/10.  If there’s a turnover it goes to review where they can sort things out.

That was the second time this year where we were boned by a premature whistle and those are the types of enormous plays that can make or break a season.

I get focusing on safety, but you have to let things play out.  If folks get hurt in the course of a normal play, that’s kinda part of the game.

They have been advised to swallow their whistle on plays like that and call it a TD once the play ends. Then the scoring play will be reviewed and the end result would be a TD for the Browns in this case. Refs struggled pretty bad this year. They go through the motions sometimes and this is the result. Now if they were certain he crossed blow the whistle but you can't be certain of something that didn't happen.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They have been advised to swallow their whistle on plays like that and call it a TD once the play ends. Then the scoring play will be reviewed and the end result would be a TD for the Browns in this case. Refs struggled pretty bad this year. They go through the motions sometimes and this is the result. Now if they were certain he crossed blow the whistle but you can't be certain of something that didn't happen.

Even if Peppers doesn’t score they review it as it’s a turnover.

There’s literally no reason to call a play dead when a player extends his arms but hasn’t come down with the ball yet and the play is clearly dead.

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even if Peppers doesn’t score they review it as it’s a turnover.

There’s literally no reason to call a play dead when a player extends his arms but hasn’t come down with the ball yet and the play is clearly dead.

Well I meant call it a TD for Jackson, as they thought he crossed the goal line. They just weren't certain he crossed because, he didn't, so don't blow it dead on those bang bang plays but you can still go with what you think happened and call it a Raven TD. I have no problem with that, it was close. Because it was close though, don't blow it dead just in case, that is where they flubbed after being told by the league to let those play out.

Archived