Week 17: Bears (11-4) at VIKINGS (8-6-1)

Vikes_Bolts1228

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Let the excuses continue. He’s paid $28,000,000 to perform under pressure. He doesn’t. He cracks. Always has. Always will. They need to draft his replacement this year. Give him two years to get up to speed and take the reigns. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Let the excuses continue. He’s paid $28,000,000 to perform under pressure. He doesn’t. He cracks. Always has. Always will. They need to draft his replacement this year. Give him two years to get up to speed and take the reigns. 

I don't know if it's this year or next year that a replacement has to be found. I think draft value might determine that. I certainly don't think the Vikes need to rush in finding his replacement, I think it's ideal to build up the OL first and then take the QB early. But I'm afraid another year of Cousins starting is just another year missing the playoffs. 

12 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

And the fact of the Ravens just aren’t that good

The Ravens have the best defense, hands down, in the NFL.  Let's not forget, just a week prior they beat the Chargers, whom many people thought could represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (they still might.)

Tough loss.  I can't believe the team dumped every single tough game and more.  What a mess of a season.  I thought the Bears game would be different.

I hope Zim stays for another go.  Some chat he may retire.  I think the team has another good year ahead of them if they address the o-line.  I know it is not he only issue but it is a big issue.

8/14 on 3rd down for the Bears. 57% conversion rate...

The offense was not good but the defense allowed a 9 minute TD drive right after the offense scored to make it 13-10. 5 converted 3rd downs alone on that drive. Gross.

Time of possession was almost 2:1, tough to win ball games that way. 

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

The offense was not good but the defense allowed a 9 minute TD drive right after the offense scored to make it 13-10. 5 converted 3rd downs alone on that drive. Gross.

This will continue to get overlooked

Yep. We played their game the whole day. They ran and used the quick passing/play action game. We couldn't move the ball consistently. We couldn't keep their defense on the field or get ours off of it.

Time of possession would look a lot better it not for all the three and outs by the offense. Also, the defense would be less tired and therefore less likely to give up long drives further improving the ToP.

12 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Time of possession would look a lot better it not for all the three and outs by the offense. Also, the defense would be less tired and therefore less likely to give up long drives further improving the ToP.

If the defense followed a three and out with a three and out of their own, they wouldn’t be on the field as much. 

The offense is certainly not without criticism, but it’s overshadowing a problem with the defense not showing up in big games, and not getting crucial stops. A problem that isn’t unique to this season 

Archived