Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

On 3/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Lamarcus Joyner... 4 years 41M.  That's more like it.  I'll stick to my contract thoughts on Byard... 5 years, 60M, 12 AAV, 35M guaranteed.  

I short changed Byard by 10M (2M AAV), but over shot the guaranteed money. 

It still didn't get close to the 100M mentioned in a couple posts. 

Glad we got him signed though. 

Ryan may be next... 

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Ryan may be next... 

I'm really curious how much Henry could get/will demand with another big year.

8 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Ryan may be next... 

I'm wondering if they'll shell out the money for Ryan.  If Butler plays up to his signing this season and Jackson keeps it up, three high end corners may be a luxury the team can't spring for when they've got a RT to lock down, a QB to extend, and Jayon Brown's contract year coming in too.

Plus, if they're already giving Hooker reps as the nickel, and Byard is Byard, they can find a third corner on the cheap or through the draft.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm wondering if they'll shell out the money for Ryan.  If Butler plays up to his signing this season and Jackson keeps it up, three high end corners may be a luxury the team can't spring for when they've got a RT to lock down, a QB to extend, and Jayon Brown's contract year coming in too.

Plus, if they're already giving Hooker reps as the nickel, and Byard is Byard, they can find a third corner on the cheap or through the draft.

Can we just let Ryan go and cut Butler after this season and then sign Ramsey... lmao. I’m joking(mostly) as I don’t think Robinson will ever consider giving out a crazy contract to someone like Ramsey and wouldn’t screw over guys like Ryan and Butler who have bought in.

52 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Can we just let Ryan go and cut Butler after this season and then sign Ramsey... lmao. I’m joking(mostly) as I don’t think Robinson will ever consider giving out a crazy contract to someone like Ramsey and wouldn’t screw over guys like Ryan and Butler who have bought in.

I mean...he grew up a Titans fan and from Nashville.  It's not outside of the realm of possibility if he can't come to terms with the Jags.

23 hours ago, Daniel said:

I know it's only been 2 seasons, but imo, Adoree is far from earning a 2nd contract. The same concerns that were there when drafted are still there (and without STs now, it seems, he offers less than he did 2 years ago). He's a stellar athlete and that will earn him some fans... But he's not a good CB at this point. 

Butler's contact also essentially becomes year to year after this season... Meaning we can cut him with some huge cap savings going forward. If he plays like he did the 2nd half last season, he's not going anywhere though. 

It all depends who we prioritize... Conklin or Kelly... Henry... Woodyard... Even with a Mariota extension, we're ok carrying 2 expensive corners... And we have 2 cheap years of Adoree left before we have to decide. 

On 7/31/2019 at 4:35 AM, TitanSlim said:

I'm really curious how much Henry could get/will demand with another big year.

The RB market is so unpredictable. Guys like Zeke and Bell have/had issues getting paid. Gurley, Freeman, and D Johnson got paid, then proceeded to miss significant time.

With a good season, he should get Freeman/Shady money at least... But will he? 

But I think his fate (here at least) is in the hands of Mariota. If Mariota shows he's the man, then we may choose to move to the next cheaper option at RB. If we have to move on to the next QB, we may keep Henry to stabilize the offense through that change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I know it's only been 2 seasons, but imo, Adoree is far from earning a 2nd contract. The same concerns that were there when drafted are still there (and without STs now, it seems, he offers less than he did 2 years ago). He's a stellar athlete and that will earn him some fans... But he's not a good CB at this point. 

Butler's contact also essentially becomes year to year after this season... Meaning we can cut him with some huge cap savings going forward. If he plays like he did the 2nd half last season, he's not going anywhere though. 

It all depends who we prioritize... Conklin or Kelly... Henry... Woodyard... Even with a Mariota extension, we're ok carrying 2 expensive corners... And we have 2 cheap years of Adoree left before we have to decide. 

To be honest Adoree is worth a 2nd contract however it comes down to dollars, in a pass happy league he’s still a solid corner he’s not a shut down or lock down DB but he’s definitely solid 8-10 mill 3yr deal at best 

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Thought was just worth posting for the first line, confirming Vrabel really wanted Day at OC:

EA_arJHX4AQrzG_?format=jpg

not surprised. i would've liked to see it, tbh- though he very well could've been one and done like lafleur, just back to OSU as HC.

23 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

What’s the price tag on Trent Williams? He could be useful for the first four games and then we can slide Conklin inside to G at week 5.

Conklin is playing RT. I think that’s pretty clear with how they’ve shuffled literally everyone all over the line except for Conklin so far through camp

• Like 1