League 2019 off season

dll2000

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What about Kevin Pierre-Lewis?  It looks like he was similarly brought mainly for special teams and some LB depth.  

Ha ha beat me to it ..

Would love a hardcore Jets fan take  !

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

What about Kevin Pierre-Lewis?  It looks like he was similarly brought mainly for special teams and some LB depth.  

Solid special teamer and serviceable back up but nothing more. I never heard anything regarding his character, which is often a good thing.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I love how the outside take is the offense is simplistic and QB friendly and Nagy schemes guys wide open for Mitch.  

This is certainly a year where a lot of excuses exit stage left.   I think he is up for it though.  Certainly will still be some ups and downs.  PFF is right in sense that it won't be a chart with a continuing up arrow.  I think it would be foolish to expect that.  

Goff is a great example.  

The initial installation of an offense is always more simplistic than the end result.  Cutler told us that it takes three years to put it all in.

Nagy has even said they gave Mitch what he could handle and slowly added to it as he progressed.  Didn't a 12-4 record convince them it was the correct approach?  The need for some in this country to always be seen as unerring and 100% correct is like a sickness. JMHO

I have a song for them.

Pete Prisco says Bears are a .500 team at best.   Says MT stinks.  Has Packers as second best team in NFL in 2019.   

He was even harder on MN.  Has them as bottom tier team.

I actually take heart at this because I have zero respect for Pete Prisco.  

• Like 1

Baltimore Ravens are one of most fascinating teams in 2019.

They are actually doing what we talked about for years and years in a coaching forum.  They built a college offense around a running QB in the NFL.  Tons of speed to beat one on one coverage.  

Only way to do it is to not pay the QB and have back ups ready to go and it looks like that is the plan.

Whether it works or not, I respect the attempt.  I hate that 98% of NFL will just copy whoever is succeeding at moment until virtually everyone is doing same thing until someone else does something different that works.

49ers celebrating drafting their punter in 4th.   Guy in background with the fist pump baby!  I can't believe they got him there.  Never do punters fall to the 4th. 

Lynch still elated at owning Pace in 2017 and getting to draft 2nd overall two years later.  Stupid Pace would have had to draft near end of the round had he even a pick!

No way Pace is smart enough to maneuver to top 10 of the draft 3 straight years following a year in which you had a top 10 pick.  It's called team building.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Pete Prisco says Bears are a .500 team at best.   Says MT stinks.  Has Packers as second best team in NFL in 2019.   

He was even harder on MN.  Has them as bottom tier team.

I actually take heart at this because I have zero respect for Pete Prisco.  

Bill Barnwell and Pete Prisco meet to discuss their 2019 Power Rankings............

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

49ers celebrating drafting their punter in 4th.   Guy in background with the fist pump baby!  I can't believe they got him there.  Never do punters fall to the 4th. 

Lynch still elated at owning Pace in 2017 and getting to draft 2nd overall two years later.  Stupid Pace would have had to draft near end of the round had he even a pick!

No way Pace is smart enough to maneuver to top 10 of the draft 3 straight years following a year in which you had a top 10 pick.  It's called team building.

Yeah but nobody in the entire NFL can do "Shrimp on the barbee" like this guy.  They get a punter AND a 5 Star Chef.  :D

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Gase continues to fail upward.

Easier to do with the Jets than many other teams.

Word is they're after Joe Douglas to become GM.  That would be a smart move but if I'm Joe Douglas I ask for a $50 mil/10 yr deal fully guaranteed.

Seems like that's just La Canfora though, right? But that's just for now--I agree with your general notion. That opinion will probably catch on, or go round, in the media. I've seen it from a number of members here, so that's a good indication. Most are talking about how the Bears' defense can't duplicate their success from last season, which is weird on many levels. 

• Like 1