League 2019 off season

dll2000

52 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Tolliver could challenge Prince for a starting spot in a fair competition if he takes a step forward.  I think he is that talented. I think if its Fangio, it stays with Prince, but a new DC could have fresh eyes. Either way we have CB depth which is nice.  Most teams don't.

If Toliver is going to get a shot and looks the part, I want to try Prince and Fuller inside. Get the 3 best out there as much as possible. Prince can be more physical on presses so I want to see him tried there if we don't bring Callahan back. 

I prefer we do though. Prince's injury history makes me nervous, so if feel better having Tolliver ready to step in for him or Fuller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Allbright thinks he's the favorite in Denver, but I do agree with you. I like Eberflus but Fangio is much older and much rougher around the edges.

Allbright thinks that Chuck Pagano and not Fangio is the favorite in Denver.  We'll see....

I hope Fangio stays because Arians will likely look to hire Bowles as his DC in Tampa so gotta get on it quick.

The only other DC options I see are Mike Pettine and Rex Ryan.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Unfortunately I see Howard playing out his rookie contract. It's up to Nagy to get creative and learn how to use him properly -- starting with toning back on the shotgun formation. Run more PA from under center -- this not only fits Howard but Mitch as well as it better utilizes his ability throw on the run. 

There's nothing unfortunate about that. Howard's a stud. Nagy just needs to adapt better.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Miami is no longer interviewing Fangio, which means he'll only interview in Denver.

Which means he's a Bear next year...

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Daniels I think makes a name for himself at guard next year. 

Only bad thing is new top talent isnt likely coming in door via draft or FA unless we take on a troubled soul or Pace finds another diamond in rough.

Daniels already done makin' a name for hisself. Now he just gets better.

I don't see any reason to think Pace will suddenly stop drafting well. Do you? 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't see any reason to think Pace will suddenly stop drafting well. Do you? 

No, I guess not.  Still I am sure he would rather be picking sooner than later and have more bullets.  It's not just your own skill you have to rely on all people ahead of you missing on people you want and have targeted leaving them for you.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

No, I guess not.  Still I am sure he would rather be picking sooner than later and have more bullets.  It's not just your own skill you have to rely on all people ahead of you missing on people you want and have targeted leaving them for you.

I suppose that's true...sort of by definition...but he knows he has another shot at the Super Bowl. That probably gives him some warm fuzzies. 

I still haven't started my Pace thread---time, sorry--but I think this all belongs in a discussion there. 

Spoiler alert for future thread--I think Pace is really damn good...

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Packers are hiring Matt LaFleur

CW was it was supposed to be McDaniels, no?  

Following the league trend of the young offensive guy as HC.  Such a copy cat league.

Will Rodgers respect him? I wonder if he was consulted at all.  Titans O was not impressive until they finally figured out Derrick Henry was actually a good football player and they had a good run blocking O line.

Titans have to start over at OC now.  

A defensive HC means you have to constantly do that or you stink and nobody wants your OC.  

Biggest reason all these teams are doing it.  It didn't matter that much when most everyone ran same dang offense.  Now there is actually some variety.  Makes things a bit more interesting.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Helfrich available guys? I’m assuming Nagy calls plays? Wonder if the Titans will be interested in Mariota’s former HC in college and if Nagy gives Helfrich permission to interview.

Nagy does call plays. TMK, Helfrich is there to simply give ideas on play design.