2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

“The way that I look at that center spot (is) it’s not 1973 where we’re playing every game (against) a 3-4 defense and he’s going against a 360-pound nose tackle,” Gase added. “His job is going to be moving laterally a lot of times and helping guards. We’re not going to play a ton of 3-4 teams this year. He doesn’t have Vince Wilfork going at him.”

- Adam Gase. Pretty much confirms my theory that he doesn’t value the C position as much as others

So when a coach makes an adjustment and puts a DT at 0, what’s the plan Adam? Confident in the offensive line coach, but our line as it stands is still well below average. Still needs to be addressed. 

27 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

So when a coach makes an adjustment and puts a DT at 0, what’s the plan Adam? Confident in the offensive line coach, but our line as it stands is still well below average. Still needs to be addressed. 

I agree. I think the statement by Gase is ridiculous. Just because assignments might vary from game to game doesn’t mean we don’t need a solid center

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

But how many of those guys are on our opponents roster? I think Gase understands the situation a lot better than we do. I'm pretty sure they'll still look to upgrade but what can you do when no one is currently available?

47 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

But how many of those guys are on our opponents roster? I think Gase understands the situation a lot better than we do. I'm pretty sure they'll still look to upgrade but what can you do when no one is currently available?

I’m sure he does but that statement sound like he was talking out of his @$$ to be honest. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I’m sure he does but that statement sound like he was talking out of his @$$ to be honest. 

He's not, the OL, particularly the Center position, is about the entire unit. The Center rarely is in 1v1 situations. Also Harrison was the Center during Darnold's best stretch. Let's see what Pollack can do.

20 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We need talents, we need weapons but are against a versatile piece like ASJ?

Because a back up TE is not the answers to our problems nor will close the gap between us and NE.  We have much bigger needs and worries at this point of our rebuild.  Rather our focus be on OL, Edge and CB at this point.   Not to mention we have similar pieces to ASJ on our team already. 

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Because a back up TE is not the answers to our problems nor will close the gap between us and NE.  We have much bigger needs and worries at this point of our rebuild.  Rather our focus be on OL, Edge and CB at this point.   Not to mention we have similar pieces to ASJ on our team already. 

I apologize but what player currently in the free agency market will close the gap? 

We are a team that lacks talent, if a talented player is available and has interest we should pursue. No one would feel this way if he never left in the first place.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:43 AM, jetskid007 said:

“The way that I look at that center spot (is) it’s not 1973 where we’re playing every game (against) a 3-4 defense and he’s going against a 360-pound nose tackle,” Gase added. “His job is going to be moving laterally a lot of times and helping guards. We’re not going to play a ton of 3-4 teams this year. He doesn’t have Vince Wilfork going at him.”

- Adam Gase. Pretty much confirms my theory that he doesn’t value the C position as much as others

Am I the only one that doesn't see anywhere in this statement where he is saying Centers don't matter?  Seems to me like he is just saying you need a C who has good movement skills, and is aware of his surroundings so he can help others if he doesn't have a 0 Tech lined up right over him....... right?   lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I apologize but what player currently in the free agency market will close the gap? 

We are a team that lacks talent, if a talented player is available and has interest we should pursue. No one would feel this way if he never left in the first place.

I don't care that he left.  Actually him leaving I am sure lead us to draft Herndon to some degree so I thank him for doing so.  I don't think he is that good  nor as talented as you think.  He is 27 which is older.  Has never played a full year or proved to be able to stay healthy.  Aside from 2017 is a zero as a pass catcher.  Not a mauler of a blocker.  He clearly has be more hype than performance.  As I stated, IMO i like the guys on our roster better.  When saying we have bigger needs - I am talking about focus or taking shots on a guy as ASJ would be.  We don't need to take a shot on a player who has proven he can't stay on the field instead of taking  a shot on a second or third tier OL, CB or pass rusher.   Just my opinon

1 hour ago, JetsFan15 said:

I don't care that he left.  Actually him leaving I am sure lead us to draft Herndon to some degree so I thank him for doing so.  I don't think he is that good  nor as talented as you think.  He is 27 which is older.  Has never played a full year or proved to be able to stay healthy.  Aside from 2017 is a zero as a pass catcher.  Not a mauler of a blocker.  He clearly has be more hype than performance.  As I stated, IMO i like the guys on our roster better.  When saying we have bigger needs - I am talking about focus or taking shots on a guy as ASJ would be.  We don't need to take a shot on a player who has proven he can't stay on the field instead of taking  a shot on a second or third tier OL, CB or pass rusher.   Just my opinon

He’s the same age was our two biggest FA acquisitions. 

On 3/29/2019 at 12:49 PM, ekill08x said:

Yeah that's a super dumb comment seeing as we play the Pats(x2) and the AFC North; teams that are known for playing mostly 3-4.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’s the same age was our two biggest FA acquisitions. 

And Josh McCown is the same age as Drew Brees.  One has more talent than the other.  Just like Bell and Mosley have more talent than ASJ. 

I get you think ASJ is oozing with talent.  I just disagree.  IMO he is not a good football player and I would not want him on the team.  Other reasons are just the icing on the cake.