2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

The wheels are coming off this season already, Three starters on defense & two starters on offensive are hurt or on suspension. And we flat out blow the first game of the season. There is only one person to blame for our current state of affairs, and that is MACC. The only good thing is we have the right people in place to rebuild the Jets.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Willis is a decent flyer but he's not an edge. He's a mold of Anderson and Leo.

During the combine, Willis tested as a Low Risk Edge Rusher. At 6’4”, 255 and 33.5 inch arms,  he ran 4.53 40, with a 1.58 10yard Split. A 4.28 20 and a 6.85 3 cone. In my opinion, those are almost perfect measurements for a 34 OLB. Naturally testing as  a Low Risk prospect doesn’t guarantee success but I think he might have been misused in Cinncy where they run a 43. It also seems that he is up to 270lbs. Probably because they wanted him as a DE.  Maybe if he loses 10-15 lbs he can regain some of the twitch indicated by his test

17 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The wheels are coming off this season already, Three starters on defense & two starters on offensive are hurt or on suspension. And we flat out blow the first game of the season. There is only one person to blame for our current state of affairs, and that is MACC. The only good thing is we have the right people in place to rebuild the Jets.

To the Macc thread I go 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich51 said:

During the combine, Willis tested as a Low Risk Edge Rusher. At 6’4”, 255 and 33.5 inch arms,  he ran 4.53 40, with a 1.58 10yard Split. A 4.28 20 and a 6.85 3 cone. In my opinion, those are almost perfect measurements for a 34 OLB. Naturally testing as  a Low Risk prospect doesn’t guarantee success but I think he might have been misused in Cinncy where they run a 43. It also seems that he is up to 270lbs. Probably because they wanted him as a DE.  Maybe if he loses 10-15 lbs he can regain some of the twitch indicated by his test

Exactly. He’s actually 275 I believe. And losing 20lbd isn’t easy. Especially mid season.

15 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Wasn’t he a safety or does he play corner ? Sad to say I don’t remember anymore ... id do a 2nd right now doubt the dolphins would take that from us

Word is he is upset that Miami is playing him at multiple positions and wants to just plat CB I believe. For sure a trade I'd say I'd be all for... but I doubt Miami trades within the division a young talent like this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’d do it if I’m being honest. 

I’d absolutely be on board sending a 2nd. Whether we compete or not this year is irrelevant: this is a rare opportunity to get a phenomenal player - cheaply under contract through 2022 - at a very good price. He’d immediately be one of our top 5 core players. While he’s not a traditional corner, he was the best slot defender in the NFL last year... have him share time between the perimeter/nickel. A defensive backfield with he, Adams, and Maye (with hopefully 2 at least average CBs next year) would be a nightmare for offenses to handle

29 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

^ all that being said, I’d expect a good team to pounce on the opportunity and send a 1st round pick. Watch for the Philadelphia Eagles

I'd trade this year's 2nd and next year's 4th maybe even next year's 3rd to make up the difference since Philly's 1st will likely fall outside of the top 20.

Edited by mattmanz91