2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

First off, if any team can "tame" AB it is the Pats.  My issue is how quickly this unfolded.  He is cut and signs 4 hours later with a team he has supposedly expressed interest in playing for?  I can't believe something is not right.  This is not the NBA.  Sets a bad precedent.  Hate your team, act up enough to get cut, then quickly sign with the team of your choice.  AB won this charade and opens the door for other *** clowns to do the same.

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

First off, if any team can "tame" AB it is the Pats.  My issue is how quickly this unfolded.  He is cut and signs 4 hours later with a team he has supposedly expressed interest in playing for?  I can't believe something is not right.  This is not the NBA.  Sets a bad precedent.  Hate your team, act up enough to get cut, then quickly sign with the team of your choice.  AB won this charade and opens the door for other *** clowns to do the same.

AB did nothing wrong. 

11 minutes ago, xrade said:

The same thing went thru my head, I think the players want to run the NFL, like the players did in the NBA. " lets get all the star players together and play on one team", The NFL owners better wake up or this kind of s*** will kill the NFL. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

AB did nothing wrong. 

I surely hope you are being sarcastic.  If not, your definition of wrong and the rest of societies is greatly different.  1.  Threatening someone is called battery (I believe).  2.  Calling a person a "cracker" is racist.  Imagine if it was the other way around.  3.  Posting of a phone call on youtube is illegal without the other parties consent.  4.  Voluntarily missing practices is a violation of his contract and subjects him to fines which he went public with.  Yeah, AB is a ******* saint.

If you are referring to AB signing with the Pats, then yes he did nothing wrong.  I still question the entire way this whole thing unfolded and I pray the NFL at least looks into it.  Although, I would be utterly shocked if the Pats were found to have violated some NFL or contractual rule.  They are the model franchise for ethical behavior.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The same thing went thru my head, I think the players want to run the NFL, like the players did in the NBA. " lets get all the star players together and play on one team", The NFL owners better wake up or this kind of s*** will kill the NFL. 

IMO, because the NFL has a strict salary cap, 22 starters, and a draft without a lottery. it can’t turn into the NBA. I can see the NFL owners adding a higher percentage into the cap but I don’t think they will get rid of it. 

The NFL should remove QBs from the salary cap. That's effectively what the Pats do. Tom Brandy counts for "$21M" of their salary cap. Getting rid of all QBs will put everyone on the same playing field. So instead of a $170M salary cap. It should be something like $145M for non QBs and you can pay QBs what you want. Thats a huge benefit for QBs. But also make it so that the team with the rights to said QB can offer significantly more. Something like that. 

Just a thought.

Edited by SDotNova

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

The NFL should remove QBs from the salary cap. That's effectively what the Pats do. Tom Brandy counts for "$21M" of their salary cap. Getting rid of all QBs will put everyone on the same playing field. So instead of a $170M salary cap. It should be something like $145M for non QBs and you can pay QBs what you want. Thats a huge benefit for QBs. But also make it so that the team with the rights to said QB can offer significantly more. Something like that. 

Just a thought.

voidable years are dangerous.  Besides, it is too early for Sam Darnold. 

14 hours ago, xrade said:

I surely hope you are being sarcastic.  If not, your definition of wrong and the rest of societies is greatly different.  1.  Threatening someone is called battery (I believe).  2.  Calling a person a "cracker" is racist.  Imagine if it was the other way around.  3.  Posting of a phone call on youtube is illegal without the other parties consent.  4.  Voluntarily missing practices is a violation of his contract and subjects him to fines which he went public with.  Yeah, AB is a ******* saint.

If you are referring to AB signing with the Pats, then yes he did nothing wrong.  I still question the entire way this whole thing unfolded and I pray the NFL at least looks into it.  Although, I would be utterly shocked if the Pats were found to have violated some NFL or contractual rule.  They are the model franchise for ethical behavior.

None of which was wrong. He did nothing wrong, he played the Raiders.