2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

On 9/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, rickyt31 said:

That could be the case. I'm not against it. I think it's funny that Vikings beat us out by offering a 5th for him, release him weeks later, and might have to watch him become a star with us. lol Besides Darnold lighting it up, I want this to happen. 

Trust me, Kaare Vedvik will do great great things for the Jets. It was meant to be.

The Minnesota Vikings are Kicker Purgatory.

• Like 4

The move that  I hate was cutting  Greg Dortch.As far as I can tell,  Braxton Berrios has done nothing to distinguish himself as a better receiver or punt returner. Thankfully, imo, we signed Dortch to our pS.  My guess is that he’ll be on the 53 man roster in a few weeks

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/2/20845265/jets-sign-wr-greg-dortch-to-practice-squad

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rich51 said:

The move that  I hate was cutting  Greg Dortch.As far as I can tell,  Braxton Berrios has done nothing to distinguish himself as a better receiver or punt returner. Thankfully, imo, we signed Dortch to our pS.  My guess is that he’ll be on the 53 man roster in a few weeks

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/9/2/20845265/jets-sign-wr-greg-dortch-to-practice-squad

Saw a stat on Berrios that he had like 60+% of his punt returns go for 10+ yards.  They compared it to Roberts all pro season from last year with us and he was in the high 30's I believe it was.  I think we might be surprised with Berrios and his consistency.  I'll have to see how he does because Dortch looked really shifty which might not be as consistent as Berrios but might be more of a game breaking returner.

Hopefully Boyer can have another great season.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Saw a stat on Berrios that he had like 60+% of his punt returns go for 10+ yards.  They compared it to Roberts all pro season from last year with us and he was in the high 30's I believe it was.  I think we might be surprised with Berrios and his consistency.  I'll have to see how he does because Dortch looked really shifty which might not be as consistent as Berrios but might be more of a game breaking returner.

Berrios is a tough MFer. 

21 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

In 47 college punt returns Berrios average 10.4 yds, Dortch in 45 returns averaged 9.7.  Berrios hasn’t done anything in two preseasons with NE, despite the fact that BB loves his little guys, like Welker, Edelman, Amendola and even Woodyard. 

Berrios might turn out to be a steal but I just feel that Dortch did enough in the preseason, as both a punt returner and receiver, to have won a job on the roster

1 minute ago, Rich51 said:

In 47 college punt returns Berrios average 10.4 yds, Dortch in 45 returns averaged 9.7.  Berrios hasn’t done anything in two preseasons with NE, despite the fact that BB loves his little guys, like Welker, Edelman, Amendola and even Woodyard. 

Berrios might turn out to be a steal but I just feel that Dortch did enough in the preseason, as both a punt returner and receiver, to have won a job on the roster

Honestly I’m more so against how we manned the roster. I mean we have like 16 guys for the front 7 and only 5 WRs. Seems like crap roster building.

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Pretty embarrassing that Harvey Langi is a starting edge rusher for us Week 1.

When you are thin to begin with and your 3rd rounder can't bother to show up on time and your other one had an unfortunate substance mishap that's what happens.

I do think we play more 4-3 and it's not going to be an issue.  Surprisingly we were middle of the pack last year in sacks and should be better this year so lets hope for the best.