2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

21 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Phillips looked better than Polite. Don’t think we needed a backup plan for cutting him. We needed help at edge either way.

No one claimed Polite, he is trash and no NFL team wants him. People want to blame the Jets for cutting him that fast or on Gregg Williams for dropping him back too much, the guy flat out can't play. He is probably lazy and doesn't want it, his workout was awful and he fell from a 1st round pick to 3rd round for a reason.  Douglas didn't draft him, so he had no issue cutting him and keeping a UDFA who was playing better over him. Jets don't even want Polite on the PS, he just sucks. 

9 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I wish we would have claimed Josh Doctson. Bennett Jackson seems like a bum, been in the league for a bit never done anything.

John Franklin Myers was a good pickup, he had a sack on BRady in the SB. Only 22 yrs old.  Braxton seems athletic, could mean trouble for Dortch. 

That kicker is funny, Vikings wasted a 5th rounder and we end up getting him for nothing. Hopefully he can end up being good for us. 

JFM has some good moments but can also be a total non factor. But he's young and there was hope to get him back on the PS if not the 53 man after an injury designation. 

Didn’t Tredwell AND Doctson both go unclaimed? Tredwell is absolutely useless, Doctson is at least somewhat serviceable. I trust the GM. Guy is no nonsense. Comes out that Polite owed $100,000 in fines for tardiness. Glad we cut him, but we need to start hoarding some draft capital and making smart picks again.

Douglas will do fine and Darnold will be our QB for the next 15-17 years being a top 55 QB in the league. He is the best looking rookie QB the jets have had since Namath. The guy is too young and talented not to be. Now with FA and the new K I think we are looking pretty good. I never get excited about this season as I am now. We have a top 3 RB in the league with Bell. This guy alone will win you 2 or 3 more games alone. I don't care what line you put him behind because he is so good at reading blocks and waits for things to develop. He is so good with his hands and decision making process it is scary good. I'm really scared at the CB we have. I'm afraid we are going to get beat deep and often. We have no edge guys to cut down the time they have to cover which hurts even more. I would like to see the jets take a shot at Noah Spence. I liked him coming out of college. Maybe we can get 8 sacks or so from him. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Douglas will do fine and Darnold will be our QB for the next 15-17 years being a top 55 QB in the league. He is the best looking rookie QB the jets have had since Namath. The guy is too young and talented not to be. Now with FA and the new K I think we are looking pretty good. I never get excited about this season as I am now. We have a top 3 RB in the league with Bell. This guy alone will win you 2 or 3 more games alone. I don't care what line you put him behind because he is so good at reading blocks and waits for things to develop. He is so good with his hands and decision making process it is scary good. I'm really scared at the CB we have. I'm afraid we are going to get beat deep and often. We have no edge guys to cut down the time they have to cover which hurts even more. I would like to see the jets take a shot at Noah Spence. I liked him coming out of college. Maybe we can get 8 sacks or so from him. 

Why on Earth do Jets have to keep Darnold around when he is projected as outside of the entire NFL? lol.

Anyway,  Douglas came in late so it really is difficult to expect him to master this year.  Hopefully, Gase and Williams can make the most out of the roster this year and then Douglas can add solid helps annually.

Edited by JetsandI

Maccagnan already made a mess of the offseason, not much Douglas can do at this point. You aren't getting starting CBs this late. Or good CBs. But most teams have bad secondaries, look at how easy QBs throw all over the league now.  We at least have a possible elite safety tandem. 

I'm more worried that we did not address edge rusher. We would have been better off with Josh Allen. 

Bennett Jackson seems like a guy who will be cut soon, he hasn't stuck with any team in 4 years.  

Polite apparently was fined a bunch for being late all the time and other stuff, he was a head case. Wasted pick.