2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

34 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What you’re not gonna do is disrespect Powell.

Powell on the roster but Jets are actively pursuing the upgrade for RB so yeah we can diss on him. lol.

Anyway, it seems like Texans and Jets need a RB who actually runs well on the ground.  With this OL, searching for new RB is a waste of time for Gase, imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Powell on the roster but Jets are actively pursuing the upgrade for RB so yeah we can diss on him. lol.

Anyway, it seems like Texans and Jets need a RB who actually runs well on the ground.  With this OL, searching for new RB is a waste of time for Gase, imo.

Saying he was never good when dudes been our most consistent weapon since drafting him is disrespectful. 

He’s the Cotchery of Running Backs

• Like 2

Not really understanding the need at RB. I could see wanting to get someone for the practice who can be called up in case of injuries.

Lev Bell ~18 carries

Ty probably gets ~7 carries

We’re talking about upgrading 5 carries a game from Powell who’s pretty reliable in all three facets of the position.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Saying he was never good when dudes been our most consistent weapon since drafting him is disrespectful. 

He’s the Cotchery of Running Backs

Yeah... We can't put Powell in the same boat as McGuire.  For his role, he has contributed well as a Jet.

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Not really understanding the need at RB. I could see wanting to get someone for the practice who can be called up in case of injuries.

Lev Bell ~18 carries

Ty probably gets ~7 carries

We’re talking about upgrading 5 carries a game from Powell who’s pretty reliable in all three facets of the position.

If I must guess, I think Ty Montgomery not sharing the ground duty with Bell is a possibility. If Jets managed to find a viable RB to share the ground duty with Bell then Ty would be our 3rd RB with Powell out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, famousj said:

I expect the Jets to make some waiver wire moves over the next couple of days.  One rumor is Kiko Alonso is being let go by Miami.  Do you think Kiko is an option to replace Avery Williamson?

Jets mostly run 4-3 so I am not sure where will he fit in because I like youngsters to be there.   When is the last time Kiko was asked to rush qb?  Forget it, if it is long time ago.

Edit:  https://elitesportsny.com/2019/08/31/inside-glance-at-gregg-williams-versatile-new-york-jets-defense/

If Gase wants to have another proven veteran then Alonso could replace Hewitt there. Again, I like those aforementioned youngsters on charts but I won't be mad about adding Alonso because he is that talented.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Wow how were we not in on Clowney at that price 

Seems like Clowney made it clear he wanted to play for the Seahawks/Eagles, and considering the contract he’ll demand, it probably became to risky for other teams to get involved. Seahawks are the beneficiaries of a leveraged situation. 

6 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Wow how were we not in on Clowney at that price 

I think it came down to who Clowney was willing to commit to. He wanted to be on a contender and with the uncertainty of him resigning with us, it was wise for us to fall back. 

I don't like the idea of trading any more picks, but at the same time we need this season to show a promising future.