2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

If we are gonna make the move it's gonna be Leo for Clowney.  I don't love him enough to offer up a valuable pick and to pay him 20M a season to keep him.

By doing that we shuffle the money from DT to DE and keep all our picks.  Our DL will fit better with Clowney at DE and the money we were gonna pay for Leo can go to Clowney.  Both are similar age and both are about to get paid.  Both seem to be underachievers too.  I just don't think HOU needs or wants a DT though.

That would free up money to attack the OL with Collins, Scheff etc.

It's really the only move that makes sense if we wanted Clowney and still money to be players in FA and keep our picks..  

38 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

If we are gonna make the move it's gonna be Leo for Clowney.  I don't love him enough to offer up a valuable pick and to pay him 20M a season to keep him.

By doing that we shuffle the money from DT to DE and keep all our picks.  Our DL will fit better with Clowney at DE and the money we were gonna pay for Leo can go to Clowney.  Both are similar age and both are about to get paid.  Both seem to be underachievers too.  I just don't think HOU needs or wants a DT though.

That would free up money to attack the OL with Collins, Scheff etc.

It's really the only move that makes sense if we wanted Clowney and still money to be players in FA and keep our picks..  

Don't have to straight up trade with Texans.   Jets can make two trades resulting in acquiring Clowney in and shipping Leo out.

Edited by JetsandI

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Treadwell is Stephen Hill bad. Doctson I would be happy with though.

Some players only need a change of scenery and scheme that suits them.

Not saying Treadwell will come here and be great. Just saying he’s worth a risk with his skill set and age. Sane for Doctson but he will cost more

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Cashman is gonna end up starting at some point. 

Polite is a bum. 

Good to see cooper step up, he had some solid seasons,  I'd keep him.

Maccagnan draft record continues to suck. Luckily we have Joe Douglas 

Edoga will likely make the draft look descent. I'm only expecting players out of Q, Edoga, and Cashman. The rest will be blah. 

It's refreshing to have GM to sign players and host tryouts for positions we really need. Glad Cooper made his big play. I'm rooting for him to make it and provide good depth. 

Cashman will get his chance to shine. We're going to need it to happen. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

You have been very tough thru this preseason, the problem is you are probably RIGHT.

Webb probably won’t make the team, Falk outplayed him. And it doesn’t matter it’s our 3rd QB.

I doubt Bertolet is our K week 1.

These were fringe roster guys playing OL today. So it doesn’t matter.