2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Report is we are heavy in on the RB market as well. Odd since we have have Bell and Montgomery for sure. And still Powell and Cannon atm.

Wouldn’t want to use any draft picks to trade for a Rb. I’d be mor than happy with Bell/Mont/Powell....I do like Cannon but unsure if he has the quality to stick around. He does have great speed and burst though. 

Just now, xenajets said:

Wouldn’t want to use any draft picks to trade for a Rb. I’d be mor than happy with Bell/Mont/Powell....I do like Cannon but unsure if he has the quality to stick around. He does have great speed and burst though. 

For me keeping Cannon Around is pointless unless he’s our return guy. And I’d rather Dortch doing that

First off Clowney has to agree to a long term contract before he is moved. Then you have to get a package together that the Texans will take. I think they want a high pick like a first or second Rond pick for him. If not they want a good young player in return. That means Leo will have to be in on the trade and I say no to that. Clowney is overrated and is hurt a lot. He is now older and will only decline from here on out. I will pass on the Clowney thing. 

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Elijah McGuire is released.

giphy.gif

Anyway,  K Tristan Vizcaino is available.  He did nail 61 yard FG for Jets in the practice last year.  

There are a bunch of CB who are released today so I leave it to Joe Douglas to sort it out. lol.

McGuire sucks. Him and Powell where never that good. All they are is just backup RB which are a dime a dozen. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Offer Henry Anderson and a 3rd for Clowney. If they don’t take it... that’s fine. That’d be my final offer though

That sounds like a good offer. I read somewhere that the asking price is a 2nd or some OL help. Going to snoop around to see what the local Houston reporters are saying.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Cannon has raw ability that he seems to be using better than last year. 

I would give him another year. 

I thought Cannon looked better this preseason. I would allow help to keep developing. He ran the ball well against the Saints and Eagles. Plus he’s shown to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Add in that he’s our best gunner and we could do a lot worse than him with a number 4 RB or a bottom of the roster guy.

Edited by SDotNova