2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

You have been very tough thru this preseason, the problem is you are probably RIGHT.

True but it was expected from the way Macc built the team. 

We could win 10 games at full health but injuries are going to kill us because we lack depth. 

This is what happens when you don’t draft well and let a quality player walk over a couple mil(Myers)

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to be active for a K, another CB and possibly another WR. I think we feel OK everywhere else.

Corner and Kicker definitely. 

WR as well as White, Burnett and the little guy who returns punts were all bad last night.

Tight End possibly as well as a dark horse 

• Like 1

Here are the guys I think the Jets will pick up on cut day.

WR Laq. Treadwell  Vikings - I think he needs a change. The guy is very talented but Adam and Stef are the WR and that leaves very little room for him.

K Greg Joseph   Browns - I was pretty mad when they let Myers go. I think people under estimate the importance of a good kicker. Maybe a change will get him going like Myers.

The jets will grab one of these two guys in Josh Norman or AJ Bouye. We need a CB bad and these guys will be average to below average which is better than what we had before. I still think they should have brought back Morris Claiborne. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Here are the guys I think the Jets will pick up on cut day.

WR Laq. Treadwell  Vikings - I think he needs a change. The guy is very talented but Adam and Stef are the WR and that leaves very little room for him.

K Greg Joseph   Browns - I was pretty mad when they let Myers go. I think people under estimate the importance of a good kicker. Maybe a change will get him going like Myers.

The jets will grab one of these two guys in Josh Norman or AJ Bouye. We need a CB bad and these guys will be average to below average which is better than what we had before. I still think they should have brought back Morris Claiborne. 

Mo is suspended anyways. He was pretty awful last year. If he didn’t have a miracle interception fall into his hands and take it back like 20 yards with not a soul around him, he was likely one of the worst graded starting corners. I’m honestly glad we moved on.

I would love Bouye. He can still play. Would also love to add Doctson if available or cut. Depth at WR after Jamo is terrible. Bellamy honestly sucks. I don’t want him at WR.

My predictions:

Sam Ficken is the new kicker who narrowly loses out to Crosby in GB

Mack Hollins is the WR we bring in from Philly.  6'4" 220 with good deep speed.  He's not Robby fast but is similar in the fact that he's a raw route runner.  He's a very nice prospect to groom at the end of the depth chart.

CB not sure but still think we may swing a trade (Douglas) or grab a name like Norman or Bouye.  Both guys can still play and would be immediate upgrades to #2 CB if they hit the market.

If we land a solid CB, a stable kicker, and WR depth I think we're in decent shape going into week 1.

Like the Farley signing.  He's solid depth behind Maye at FS given he is a decent coverage safety.  Most our safeties can't cover and were better in the box.  INDY gave him a 2nd round tender this year so they saw potential in him.

Edited by Rockice_8

Watching Farley's highlights from Indy, he seems to be a perfect Gregg Williams type defender. Always looking to create turnovers, whether its trying to force a fumble or getting a interception. Hes legit safety depth for us, definitely rather have him patrolling centerfield if Maye got injured than Rontez Miles who is too slow. 

Side note, Douglas started a trend. All these teams are trading late round picks for guys who may get cut instead of waiting for other teams to pounce them on the waiver wire. Lots of OL getting traded for late round picks. 

Edited by NYJets4716