2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, JetsandI said:

Is that right Thomas is hurt and may miss some time in 2019?

Yeah, he hurt his achilles.  Didn't realize how late in the year it was.  With that said, it looks like he'll be ready to go next year per reports.  I'd take a chance on him on a one year deal.  

Thomas tore his Achilles and he’s on the wrong side of 30. That is a serious injury, in which is probably going to be career ender. He will not be ready for next season.  Not to mention he already looked washed before the injury.

Edited by BlaZeN37

Just now, BlaZeN37 said:

Thomas tore his Achilles and he’s on the wrong side of 30. That injury could be career ending. He will not be ready for next season.

It's 6 months for a full recovery.  That'd put him around May/June.  Gives him 2-3 months of getting in shape, etc. for the pre-season. I'd take him on a one year deal.  

He ruptured his Achilles, which takes a year to heal. It is the largest tendon in your body and responsible for every movement of your feet. Athletes that rupture their Achilles in their 30s rarely recover, especially at a position like CB or WR. 

Just an FYI, I am in the physical therapy field.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlaZeN37 said:

He ruptured his Achilles, which takes a year to heal. It is the largest tendon in your body and responsible for every movement of your feet. Athletes that rupture their Achilles in their 30s rarely recover, especially at a position like CB or WR. 

Just an FYI, I am in the physical therapy field.

Crabtree returned after 6 months. Granted, he was younger. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc there’s no talented FAs really under 30 that can help this team. Funchess and Humphries are the only 2. And neither are great.

Would rather just keep drafting and developing. Jets need to stay the course for once even though it’s taking forever, that’s on Mikey Mac. We are still not a contender regardless of cap room.

27 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Would rather just keep drafting and developing. Jets need to stay the course for once even though it’s taking forever, that’s on Mikey Mac. We are still not a contender regardless of cap room.

You're right... bc Devin Smith, Bryce Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Christian Hackenberg, Brandon Shell, Charone Peake, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Elijah McGuire and Trenton Cannon are all developing so well.

55 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I’m cool drafting a guy early, but for depth, etc, I’d rather offer a one year deal to a guy like DT then give a guy like Humphries 10+ mil a year. 

• Like 1

No matter how you cut it, the Jets will have to get creative when adding a receiver this offseason. We already known they’ll heavily pursue Le’Veon which will help, but from there it will be interesting. 

I wouldn’t rule out a trade for Nelson Agholor. Could be that under-the-radar player who needs a change of scenary, and his current salary is too much for the eagles to carry. FWIW, I have him penciled to us in a mock I’m working on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

No matter how you cut it, the Jets will have to get creative when adding a receiver this offseason. We already known they’ll heavily pursue Le’Veon which will help, but from there it will be interesting. 

I wouldn’t rule out a trade for Nelson Agholor. Could be that under-the-radar player who needs a change of scenary, and his current salary is too much for the eagles to carry. FWIW, I have him penciled to us in a mock I’m working on.

I’d welcome him. But what would the cost be? I mean isn’t he still only like 25yrs old?

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You're right... bc Devin Smith, Bryce Petty, Jarvis Harrison, Christian Hackenberg, Brandon Shell, Charone Peake, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Elijah McGuire and Trenton Cannon are all developing so well.

I’m sorry but this is a ridiculous take. So based on your logic let’s not draft at all because of the busts our GM has had. This isn’t baseball. You don’t build winners by winning in FA or trading draft picks for old players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I’m sorry but this is a ridiculous take. So based on your logic let’s not draft at all because of the busts our GM has had. This isn’t baseball. You don’t build winners by winning in FA or trading draft picks for old players. 

You're exactly right it is an awful take, but the reality is that's the way we have to go until we change GMs. Macc has been here for 4 drafts and 4 full off seasons (multiple off-season's in which he has over 100mill in cap space) and we have very little to show for it. My point is as long as he's our GM our draft picks shouldn't be looked at as valuable assets. Bc he doesn't turn them into that. This is a guy that we are judging just an off season or 2 on. So when opportunities rise to get a proven play for a 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 1st Rounder I'm all for it. Bc his draft history shows whatever player he does choose, stands about a 90% chance of failing.