2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Question. Say Murray falls to 3. Time is running out and Jets are getting calls for teams moving up to get him and time is running out...should Jets just select him and trade him while the Raiders or Bucs are on the clock to the highest bidder giving them ample time to maximize their return? I’ll hang up and listen.

Also, gut feeling tells me Mac is higher on Allen then the media is letting on. Could be completely wrong, but considering his best attribute to this point has been keeping information in house, I have a hard time buying into this media crap. I'm sure their are Oliver advocates at 1 Jets drive, and he very well could be the pick, but I think it's being overblown 

13 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Rapsheet saying he's gonna explain a significant development on Montez Sweat...

Apparently his heart condition isn't as bad as previously thought and it's essentially a non-risk.

I will pass on Clowney unless is it a deal like a 3rd round pick or lower.

I'm not buying the Sweat thing at all. He decided not to even show at the draft after he said he would be there. He is off some teams draft boards. I think his agent sent tis out to try and improve his stock. He will get picked in the 5th round or lower. When reports like this come out this late it is called damage control. If he was Okay this report would have came out weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I will pass on Clowney unless is it a deal like a 3rd round pick or lower.

I'm not buying the Sweat thing at all. He decided not to even show at the draft after he said he would be there. He is off some teams draft boards. I think his agent sent tis out to try and improve his stock. He will get picked in the 5th round or lower. When reports like this come out this late it is called damage control. If he was Okay this report would have came out weeks ago. 

I highly highly doubt he goes that late. If he's there at 68 you better run up there and get that card in ASAP.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Solomon Thomas is up for trade by the 49ers. I think QWill is going to be the pick. Murray, QWill followed by Bosa. 

If anything trading Thomas would indicate they're taking Bosa IMO. 

55 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Question. Say Murray falls to 3. Time is running out and Jets are getting calls for teams moving up to get him and time is running out...should Jets just select him and trade him while the Raiders or Bucs are on the clock to the highest bidder giving them ample time to maximize their return? I’ll hang up and listen.

I don't think so. This worked in 2004, but that was because both the Giants and Chargers knew they were taking QBs and obviously the whole "I won't play for SD" situation, but I don't think it would this time around.

Believe it or not, Murray could slide if ARI doesn't take him... there are not as many teams that would be ideal trading partners for him than we think. If the Raiders/Giants/Redskins aren't willing to trade up for him, who would? You run the risk of having to deal him for a lot less favorable deal. Maybe you convince the Raiders that we weren't going to let him fall into their laps by taking him, but are they that desperate for a QB? I don't think so. 

I think it is QWill not Bosa. I so think Sweat will fall BIG time. I feel bad for the kid because it is nothing he can control. This is just his agent trying anything to move his guy up the board. There have been reports for weeks now that there are teams that don't even have him on their board. I personally think more than half the teams don;t hale him on their board because of the heart thing. I just don't see him going in the first 3 rounds maybe bottom 4th but I doubt that too. I think a team might take a shot at him in the the 5th but no earlier. 

Archived