2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I look at some of the drafts from other teams. Most 4. 5, 6 7 round picks dont do anything. 

Maccagnan is not as bad as jets fanz think, hes nothing special but hes average imo. He could have been like these other boneheaded gmz and grossly reach skip on sure things.

Maccagnan worst pick was hackenberg,  he was a waste and was not a draftable qb imo. Devin Smith i actually liked, but injuries ****sd him so i dont blame mac on bad luck. He made up for it with finding udfa robby Anderson. 

There are things i wish he gas done, but in fa he often went for the right guys they just chose better teams.  He had us on this young path and our roster has foundational players now who may change the culture. His move to get Darnold saved him and could save him further if Darnold makes that leap year 2 like Trubisky and wentz did. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Are you sure about that? I don’t remember anything coming out of Giants camp regarding Baker. I recall it Saquon and only Saquon

Saquon was their number one choice because he would make an impact in rookie season.  Giants wanted Baker for trade purpose. Basically, Giants prioritized trade down before Saquon.   Since Jets knew Baker not going to #2 Darnold was available at #3 for sure.

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I look at some of the drafts from other teams. Most 4. 5, 6 7 round picks dont do anything. 

Maccagnan is not as bad as jets fanz think, hes nothing special but hes average imo. He could have been like these other boneheaded gmz and grossly reach skip on sure things.

Maccagnan worst pick was hackenberg,  he was a waste and was not a draftable qb imo. Devin Smith i actually liked, but injuries ****sd him so i dont blame mac on bad luck. He made up for it with finding udfa robby Anderson. 

There are things i wish he gas done, but in fa he often went for the right guys they just chose better teams.  He had us on this young path and our roster has foundational players now who may change the culture. His move to get Darnold saved him and could save him further if Darnold makes that leap year 2 like Trubisky and wentz did. 

fans don't care about the stuff in the "most" category.  It is impossible to talk down with those guys. Only way to slow it down is prospects and players who join with Jets under CJ turn Jets around for better result.

9 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

You are incorrect.  He actually made comments before the trade at/after the combine.  He continued to send up smoke signals up to the draft.  Article on cbssports.com dated March 7, 2018.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-giants-and-dave-gettleman-control-how-the-first-round-of-the-2018-nfl-draft-unfolds/

I take it back then. I saw an article dated 3/27 last year that was going heavily into it. 

• Like 1

Mac making that trade with the colts to move into spot 3 with Sam was great. I loved it from day 1. I knew Baker or Sam would be there at 3 because Barkley was going 1 or 2. The "SO CALLED" experts I think are morons just looking for people to read their hot garbage. Most of these experts miss really bad. I had D.K falling out of the first round and people thought i was crazy because the experts all said first round. I go by what I see and think just like most of you guys. I think Mac is average for a GM. he is nothing special and he is not terrible. The jets probably have the best roster they have had in almost 10 years when they made the AFC championship game 2 years in a row. You guys should be pumped because I think we make the playoffs this year. The jets will finish 10-6 and a great chance to make a run in the playoffs with a good RB and and awesome DL to stop the run for the other team. GO JETS!!!!!

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Saquon was their number one choice because he would make an impact in rookie season.  Giants wanted Baker for trade purpose. Basically, Giants prioritized trade down before Saquon.   Since Jets knew Baker not going to #2 Darnold was available at #3 for sure.

This is how I remember it. We did not believe Darnold would be available when we made the trade up and only brought him in late in the process when rumors started about the Browns tak8ng Mayfield or Allen.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/10/report-usc-qb-sam-darnold-now-slated-to-visit-jets/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

This is how I remember it. We did not believe Darnold would be available when we made the trade up and only brought him in late in the process when rumors started about the Browns tak8ng Mayfield or Allen.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/10/report-usc-qb-sam-darnold-now-slated-to-visit-jets/

Yes, this is also true. Everyone assumed Darnold would go #1. There was also heavy speculation Barkley would go #2. I think the Jets expected to draft Baker when they traded up to #3. 

Once the Jets traded to three, we were going drafted the QB the Browns didn’t: Baker or Darnold.

The Giants were going Saquon regardless. They closed the phone lines as soon as Baker went number 1 and Saquon was avala I le to them. 

The crazy thing is what would of the Giants have done if Cleveland had gone Saquon? 

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don’t know. I’m thinking had Cleveland gone Darnold, the Giants were staying put and taking Saquon. We now know Gettlemen didn’t have a chance to properly scout the QBs. 

56 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Yes, this is also true. Everyone assumed Darnold would go #1. There was also heavy speculation Barkley would go #2. I think the Jets expected to draft Baker when they traded up to #3. 

Once the Jets traded to three, we were going drafted the QB the Browns didn’t: Baker or Darnold.

The Giants were going Saquon regardless. They closed the phone lines as soon as Baker went number 1 and Saquon was avala I le to them. 

The crazy thing is what would of the Giants have done if Cleveland had gone Saquon? 

Two weeks ago from that date was when Jets made the trade with Colts. Give or Take.  After the trade was done, Sam Darnold was called for pre draft visits.   That timeline suggested Baker and Barkley were locked for first 2 picks.  Any bs were for media/fan show.

54 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don’t know. I’m thinking had Cleveland gone Darnold, the Giants were staying put and taking Saquon. We now know Gettlemen didn’t have a chance to properly scout the QBs. 

I tried to find information that would back me up but I could not.  I guess it was something that came from the back of my skull. lol.  Apologize for misleading.

Edit: I now remembered.  When I read that article https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-giants-would-reportedly-draft-sam-darnold-at-no-2-overall-dont-like-josh-rosen/

I wasn't surprised by that as I had already knew since the combine.  So there was no legit information about Giants wanting Baker nor Jets' knowledge of Darnold being available when Jets traded with Colts.  It was all in my mind... My apology.

Edited by JetsandI

UDFA signings so far.

Out of that list, I would root for Kyron Brown and Jeff Smith to make it on the squad.   Brown has size and physicality to play at next level.  Smith runs smoother and pulls all gadgets for trick calls.   For practice squad, Greg Dortch, Jalin Moore, Wyatt Miller and Tyler Jones are ideal.   I hope Jones practices at Center because his hand usage is awful.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

UDFA signings so far.

Out of that list, I would root for Kyron Brown and Jeff Smith to make it on the squad.   Brown has size and physicality to play at next level.  Smith runs smoother and pulls all gadgets for trick calls.   For practice squad, Greg Dortch, Jalin Moore, Wyatt Miller and Tyler Jones are ideal.   I hope Jones practices at Center because his hand usage is awful.

I personally think Dortch and Tyler have the best shot.