2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

Can we get both Ferrell and Sweat? I don't think Ferrell goes past 16 (and could go as high as 8 to Detroit), and I think Green Bay takes Sweat at 12, seems like a very natural fit for their defense. So basically to have a chance at both we would need picks 7 and 13 (I see Miami and Jacksonville being a willing trade partner). According to the trade value chart We trade down to 7 and obtain a 2nd Round Pick but also give them a 6th Round pick. Trade Pick 24, Extra 2nd we just obtained, 5th Round Pick to move up to Pick 13. Grab Sweat at 7 and 50/50 shot Ferrell is there at 13. (Only pull the trigger on the trade if Ferrell is still sitting there).

Unlikely scenario but both of those players would help our pass rush immensely. Ferrell at DE and Sweat at SLB, both have double digit sack potential every season. And in this scenario we lose a 5th and 6th Round Pick but would be worth it in my opinion.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:43 AM, Roninho said:

I would take that trade in a heart beat.

In 2019 and 2020 we'd have 9 early picks: 6 picks picks in the first round, 2 early second round picks and another 2nd rounder. 

2020 1st Raiders

2020 1st Redskins

2020 1st Bears

Add in that we have the cap to pay 'good starters money' to 4 guys this FA.

We need to land 2 difference makers with our picks. Difference makers as in really good players.

That would leave 7 early picks and 4 big money free agents. If 50% work out (= good starters) we would land 5  good starters and a couple of role players.

That would mean we would basically have 2 difference makers and 5  good starters coupled with our current roster. That is imo a playoff calibre combination depending on how Carr will progress/further regress.

Hitting the 2 difference makers will be the hard part. Imo getting 5 good starters from 4 big FA contracts and 7 early picks is actually a low score.

I would be Okay with a trade down only if we get great value.. not this for a 3rd rounder

I didn't like the Hayden trade down or Kolton trade down... 

49 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would be Okay with a trade down only if we get great value.. not this for a 3rd rounder

But what if our target is Ferrell as BPA at 4, 90% likely he’s there at 7, and the Jags offer us a 3rd straight up to move up 3 spots? I’d hope we can wheel and deal for a 2nd but I think you still take the trade. 

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

My trade down was #4 for #15 +#46 AND a 1st next year.

Drop 11 spots for an additional 1st and #46.

1 minute ago, Roninho said:

My trade down was #4 for #15 +#46 AND a 1st next year.

Drop 11 spots for an additional 1st and #46.

Would be a great trade. Honestly all the Redskins need is a QB from being a possible top two seed imo. Very solid team with a terrible QB situation. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But what if our target is Ferrell as BPA at 4, 90% likely he’s there at 7, and the Jags offer us a 3rd straight up to move up 3 spots? I’d hope we can wheel and deal for a 2nd but I think you still take the trade. 

Its iffy.  I understand the idea of getting more while still getting the same player but there is also a reason to say no sometimes under those circumstances.  You do not want to set a precedent that you are a team or GM that will take a lot less in a trade.  If you had a 100% chance to get the player you want ten picks later and only received a 7th it is better than nothing but you are doing more damage down the line.  RM did that with Hayden and he got robbed IIRC every trade until Gruden got here.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Its iffy.  I understand the idea of getting more while still getting the same player but there is also a reason to say no sometimes under those circumstances.  You do not want to set a precedent that you are a team or GM that will take a lot less in a trade.  If you had a 100% chance to get the player you want ten picks later and only received a 7th it is better than nothing but you are doing more damage down the line.  RM did that with Hayden and he got robbed IIRC every trade until Gruden got here.

The value for 7th to 4th is actually only about a 3rd and 7th. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The value for 7th to 4th is actually only about a 3rd and 7th. 

It is a late second but if the team is trading up for a possible franchise QB early in the first with a few other teams needing QBs drafting around them then you can just throw out the chart.  I hope Mayock and Gruden know how valuable their choice is if no QBs go top three.  Anything less than a 2nd or 2020 1st would be unacceptable if we have a clear cut favorite at 4.  If nobody else wants the pick you could play hardball with them and see if they bite but you have to be willing to walk away.  Always be willing to walk away.

29 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

It is a late second but if the team is trading up for a possible franchise QB early in the first with a few other teams needing QBs drafting around them then you can just throw out the chart.  I hope Mayock and Gruden know how valuable their choice is if no QBs go top three.  Anything less than a 2nd or 2020 1st would be unacceptable if we have a clear cut favorite at 4.  If nobody else wants the pick you could play hardball with them and see if they bite but you have to be willing to walk away.  Always be willing to walk away.

All depends on their board. I think they will have Ferrell and Sweat high so we definitey don’t need to stay at 4. 

I’d prefer the #15 trade and pick up a 1st but if we do trade with Jacksonville at #7 you start the negotiations like this:

Ask for a 2nd

Ask for a 2nd, give a 7th

Ask for a 2nd, give a 6th

Ask for a 3rd and 6th

Ask for a 3rd and 7th

Worst case scenario, settle for a 3rd and 90% likely pick up the top of your big board anyways. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When there's a QB to be had you can name your price. I wouldn't move down without adding another 2nd round pick, preferably this year.

But if your pick is 90% likely at 7, and the trade value chart says late 2nd-early 3rd anyways, you would take their early 3rd round pick basically for free? 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

But if your pick is 90% likely at 7, and the trade value chart says late 2nd-early 3rd anyways, you would take their early 3rd round pick basically for free? 

There's no guarantee your guy will still be there at #7. Reggie got hustled last year by the Cardinals. Hopefully, our new front office hustles other teams. 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Unless you're the Raiders with a Rosen situation again.

Reggie was a sucker, hopefully, Mayock and company can work some favorable deals for us on draft day and add more assets. We need to draft very well over the next two years or we're going to suck for a while.

Archived