2019 NFL Draft Thread v.2

Totty

I just don’t see where Oliver plays on this defense. He’s so small and we already have Hurst. Where Oliver would be best at. That’s why a DT like Williams is a way better fit because his size and he’s able to play more then just a 3T. 

Cant wait to see what Oliver measures in at for height and weight. 

Trade Down to 15 and pick up Washingtons 2020 1st Round Pick, we send 2019 5th Round Pick. Washingtons a QB away from competeing with the Rams and Saints, maybe they love Haskins. We can only hope. 

15. SLB Montez Sweat

Potential Double Digit Sack guy, could be the best pass rusher in class after Bosa. 

24. TE TJ Hockinson

Best TE to come out in a while IMO. Complete package. 

27. DE Brian Burns

Add another pass rusher. Burns led college in pressures, just an absolute monster of with great technique. Good value here at 27. If he could put on 10lbs and keep his speed, he’s going to crush the NFL imo. 

35. WR Riley Ridley

Perhaps we can pick up our #1 WROTF in the next draft but pick up our #2 WROTF here. Ridley should be a solid receiver at the next level. 

66. OT Dalton Risner

Risner should be able to win the RT job, worst case scenario is he is a guard that can take over for Gabe at any time. 

101. QB Ryan Finley

Our backup QBOTF. I love what Finley brings to the table. Excellent at progressions, great accuracy, very smart. Arm strength is only a little above average. Can absolutely win games with him. 

I’d prefer more defense picks and will still probably go mostly defense in future mocks, but I’d be more than happy with this draft. 

I would love it if this happened...3 first rounders 2 years in a row.  I don’t think risner will still be around at 66 but the draft can be funny at times.  The rest of it sounds great although hockenson at 24 is probably 50/50 at best 

3 minutes ago, Jono77 said:

I would love it if this happened...3 first rounders 2 years in a row.  I don’t think risner will still be around at 66 but the draft can be funny at times.  The rest of it sounds great although hockenson at 24 is probably 50/50 at best 

Risener being available at 66 is probably only 35-40% likely although absolutely possible but I think theres a solid 50-55% chance Hockenson is at 24. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A 270 pound DT that can't play with the guys we drafted last season? No thanks chief.

You're telling me that Q. WIllaims and his extra 20 lbs will play next to Hurst as a 5T while Hurst stays at 3T?  You're telling me that  because Oliver is 20 lbs lighter he can't fit the same bill as Williams?  You also dont think that Oliver can line up at DE in the same fashion as Donald? 

Oliver also has relentless motor which can't be taught, is only 21 and is an elite physical athlete. 

Furthermore, Hurst appears to be an above average player but is he a game changer?   The question is still out on Hall on how good he actually is.  

Where do you get your information from other than coping Water Football for player analysis? LOL

We need elite games changers at almost every position so dismissing Oliver and accepting Williams is comical.  If Oliver is as good as advertised the Raiders will find a way to put him on the field for every snap.  

16 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Not interested in him now. Too risky.

Was never interested in him. Too small and really overrated cause of his brother, not to mention Lincoln Riley is probably the biggest offensive genius in sports. Brown has always been no where near my WR big board. 

These are all VERY interchangeable for me but my WR big board is:

1. AJ Brown

2. Kelvin Harmon

3. Riley Ridley

4. Deebo Samuel

5. DK Metclaf

6. Parris Campbell

7. N’Keal Harry

8. Terry McLaurin

I think all of these will be absolute solid #2s in the NFL, minus Metclaf. I think Brown has a chance to be a low-end #1 and Harmon has a chance to be a star, reminds me of AJ Green. All are safe bets as very productive #2 WRs in the NFL. 

Metclaf is boom or bust. Easily either a Top 5 WR or complete and utter bust imo.. and I’d lean towards the latter. 

49 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're telling me that Q. WIllaims and his extra 20 lbs will play next to Hurst as a 5T while Hurst stays at 3T?  You're telling me that  because Oliver is 20 lbs lighter he can't fit the same bill as Williams?  You also dont think that Oliver can line up at DE in the same fashion as Donald? 

Furthermore Hurst appears to be an above average player but is he a game change?   The question is still out on Hall on how good he actually is.  

Where do you get your information from other than coping Water Football for player analysis? LOL

For whatever reason, you're convinced that Oliver will be as good as the most dominant defensive lineman in the league. There's absolutely no guarantee that Oliver will be even half the player that Donald is, so why do you keep comparing him? Just because he's small? I think Williams being a couple of inches taller and 20-30 pounds heavier would definitely make it easier for him to play 5T next to Hurst than it would for an undersized DT to do it. Oliver played in Conference USA and was getting washed in the run game and had very minimal sack production, but, you're right, he's the next Donald cause he's small and Donald's small, so of course he will be elite. Thanks boss.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For whatever reason, you're convinced that Oliver will be as good as the most dominant defensive lineman in the league. There's absolutely no guarantee that Oliver will be even half the player that Donald is, so why do you keep comparing him? Just because he's small? I think Williams being a couple of inches taller and 20-30 pounds heavier would definitely make it easier for him to play 5T next to Hurst than it would for an undersized DT to do it. Oliver played in Conference USA and was getting washed in the run game and had very minimal sack production, but, you're right, he's the next Donald cause he's small and Donald's small, so of course he will be elite. Thanks boss.

You clearly have zero clue what you're talking about.  I have never guaranteed that Oliver will be the most dominant D lineman in the league but all of the things you're knocking his game for are Oliver are just not accurate.   You just spew nonsense as if it is fact.  

Here is a scouting report from DJ on Ed Oliver.  DJ actually compares him to Donald.  Tell me that DJ has no clue what he's talking and that your analysis on Oliver is more accurate.  I need a good laugh. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000936825/article/scouting-ed-oliver-houston-dt-has-aaron-donaldlike-promise

I am not saying that Oliver is Donald but to say that you want Williams at 4 while not wanting Oliver, shows me that you have no idea what type of player Oliver is.  I find it quite comical actually.   

Archived