2019 Draft Mocks

kingseanjohn

20 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

These big, tall guys aren't impressing me. They fail to get separation. (ala, N'Keal Harry, David Sills)The NFL has gravitated to "big" corners to run with these guys and compete for "jump balls". I feel a greater need for smaller, shiftier guys who are faster, can run routes, get separation and have good hands (ala Andy Isabella, Terry McLaurin).

Isabella would be good insurance too if Tyreek Hill gets injured, even if he's not as fast.

Thing I like about N'Keal is he's great after the catch. A lot more athletic then people think and can break tackles. I think we went after Kelvin Benjamin, so a big jump ball type might just be what were looking for. we don't really have that besides Travis.

Jalen Hurd is similar in that mold only more of an athlete.

5 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I wouldn't touch Simmons. No "rookie" season. How bad is the injury? He's also had shoulder issues. He wasn't invited to the Combine because he's a woman beater too. No thanks, too many issues.

Yeah I don't want that sorta stigma on the team. He would be a great fit though.

I like this draft as well. I'm getting to the point where I'm comfortable in some BPA players, as you can probably tell from me picking them in multiple mocks. But this one fell different. Several guys fell that likely won't on draft day such as DK Metcalf and the guy I went with...

29. Rashan Gary, DL Michigan

61. Taylor Rapp, S Washington

63. N'Keal Harry, WR Arizona St.

92. Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M

From all those mock drafts i made so far i would be very comfortable to trade down. I feel like they are a lot of impact players left at our spot, so if we can get an additional pick in the 3rd round or more likely an early 4th round pick, similar to our 2016 draft. I think it would be a smart move to do so.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, mayanfootball said:

New England and LA Rams get 2 3rd. rd. compensatory picks each. Really? Like they need 'em? Surely there's a better way. Like banning Conference Champs from receiving comp picks maybe?

NE should be kicked out of the NFL from ownership down its scandal after scandal.

• 2 weeks later...

This was Miller, user voted difficult.

Crazy but im doing it if hes there at #1. We missed KH really bad in the playoffs. Jacobs would easily fit that role.

1. RB Josh Jacobs

2a. LB Mack Wilson

2b. S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

3. C Erik Mccoy

5. CB Blessuan Austin

6a. OT Mitch Hyatt

6b.  QB Brett Rypien

7. G Nate Davis

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

This was Miller, user voted difficult.

Crazy but im doing it if hes there at #1. We missed KH really bad in the playoffs. Jacobs would easily fit that role.

1. RB Josh Jacobs
2a. LB Mack Wilson
2b. S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
3. C Erik Mccoy

Any mock that starts with us getting Jabobs at #29 and Wilson at #61 is not serious. I can see either one sliding ten picks but both are sliding 15 +.

J

5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Any mock that starts with us getting Jabobs at #29 and Wilson at #61 is not serious. I can see either one sliding ten picks but both are sliding 15 +.

Valkrei is correct. I've seen this too using "steve"/drafttek and was tempted to take Jacobs. I went with Risner/C because he's great. That NC State Center is fine too. I just decided we needed a super Center more than RB. I'm happy with D.W. And Wilson has slid some since the Combine.

15 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Valkrei is correct. I've seen this too using "steve"/drafttek and was tempted to take Jacobs. I went with Risner/C because he's great. That NC State Center is fine too. I just decided we needed a super Center more than RB. I'm happy with D.W. And Wilson has slid some since the Combine.

That's a computer program, not reality A computer won't scrap a plan if someone is unexpectedly available. Jacobs is a Top 10 pick. Only significant news would push him down that far. Wilson is less problematic, but he still figures to go half a round ahead of us.

J

46 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think that Williams is as good or better than any back in this years draft. We need depth not a new starter.

I wont lie williams is a gem.  I just wouldnt pass Jacobs if he was there.

• 2 weeks later...

Two  mocks.  Interesting draft here.

Draft 1.

1. RB Josh Jacobs

2A. WR Andy Isabella

2B. S Taylor Rapp

3. C Erik Mccoy

5. LB Tre Lamar

6a. G Ului Lapuaho

6b. QB Trace Mcsorley

7. S marvell Tell

Draft 2  WHAT no way he there at 1 lol. but goin for it anyway

1. QB Drew Lock _ backup or trade him hahah  in this case could prob trade down and get more picks.

2a. C Garrett Bradbury

2b. WR Andy Issabella

3. S Chauncey Gardner Johnson

5. TE Drew Sample

6a. G Lester Cotton

6b. LB Dre Greenlaw

7. S Darius West

• 4 weeks later...

I'll probably do one more after this. After that, I'll post my list of guys that I want.

29. AJ Brown, WR Ole Miss

61. JoeJuan Williams, CB Vanderbilt

63. Jachai Polite, DE Florida

92. Dawson Knox, TE Ole Miss

AJ Brown would be a real good replacement for Watkins next year (and this year when he's hurt). Williams could be our #3, 4, or 5 CB this year and who knows next year when Breeland and Fuller are FA. Polite will entirely come down to the interview, but there is a lot of talent there (1st round talent imo). Knox played with a horrible QB and two really good WR so his numbers don't stand out. But on tape he's good with the ball in his hands and a very willing blocker.

Archived