BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

9 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Makes 2 of us..

New owners trade the old ownerships good players. No one wants to build and develop they just want to trade.

As a matter of fact the one guy who did not demolish what another owner started was Hockey. He also is our defending champion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

New owners trade the old ownerships good players. No one wants to build and develop they just want to trade.

As a matter of fact the one guy who did not demolish what another owner started was Hockey. He also is our defending champion.

I didn’t demolish my team for two seasons. Only players of significance I moved were Jordy Nelson (who became a shell of what he was), and Joe Staley for Trey Flowers

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I'm still carrying my old regime's entire core

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I didn’t demolish my team for two seasons. Only players of significance I moved were Jordy Nelson (who became a shell of what he was), and Joe Staley for Trey Flowers

You greatly exceeded the time usual newbies remain here. In fact you were considered a vet at this stage.

Just now, Whicker said:

I'm still carrying my old regime's entire core

You’re another consummate established vet. Xmad, lukicc, etc may have not been here since the inception but are more than qualified leaders in 2019.

Sydney needed to be torn down. It was a mix of old veterans and few exciting youngsters. So far I understand the mindset of everything wwhickok has done. There was no identity there really.

It's crazy to think how a simple trade approval error can change a franchise like that. Sydney should have been on the up and up with a clear direction with Mayfield

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You greatly exceeded the time usual newbies remain here. In fact you were considered a vet at this stage.

You’re another consummate established vet. Xmad, lukicc, etc may have not been here since the inception but are more than qualified leaders in 2019.

I'm just saying that it depends on the roster you inherit. I inherited a roster that I was pretty sure was championship caliber so I felt it was best to stay the course until my real bad season where I rebuilt my offense. Counselor inherited a team with Rodgers and the best offense and so he stayed the course until it was clear he couldn't win a championship with his current roster. Mike inherited a championship team and basically only made trades to upgrade the team. The Mahomes trade really shouldn't be counted in this because it was so far outside of town value wise, although it absolutely made sense from a win-now persepective. Wwhickok inherited probably the worst team in the league. Staying the course makes absolutely no sense.

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I don't know. Jordy showed up at the end of the year this year ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

Sydney needed to be torn down. It was a mix of old veterans and few exciting youngsters. So far I understand the mindset of everything wwhickok has done. There was no identity there really.

It's crazy to think how a simple trade approval error can change a franchise like that. Sydney should have been on the up and up with a clear direction with Mayfield

It’s hard bc to respectfully critique a decision from another is seen as a personal attack.

We’re folks on an internet platform connected through many different walks of life. If there’s a football disagreement, it’s nice to have someone who disagrees as long as we can move on.

Anyway, I thought Sydney was decent last year. Dingo did a respectable job doing what he could. Maybe it could’ve been better but it certainly could’ve been worse. He stuck with it and always was competitive, so major major credit where it is due. Respect to him for that.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm just saying that it depends on the roster you inherit. I inherited a roster that I was pretty sure was championship caliber so I felt it was best to stay the course until my real bad season where I rebuilt my offense. Counselor inherited a team with Rodgers and the best offense and so he stayed the course until it was clear he couldn't win a championship with his current roster. Mike inherited a championship team and basically only made trades to upgrade the team. The Mahomes trade really shouldn't be counted in this because it was so far outside of town value wise, although it absolutely made sense from a win-now persepective. Wwhickok inherited probably the worst team in the league. Staying the course makes absolutely no sense.

wwhickok been doing well. There was one trade I objectified enough to do something about. Otherwise you’re correct. 

When a new owner comes it’s obvious a trade or two will come about. Once it becomes 8-9 trades (done in 2-3 days?) it’s just easier to make one or two devalued moves. That’s my point bc Sydney certainly had some quality players already. As a leader tho, my one critique was not to be infatuated with a scheme. We’ve communicated via PMs a lot on possible deals so there’s first person experience working with wwhickok. Its fun that he’s got some experience so it’s best for him to continue gaining experience.

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 2