BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's lame.

Waivers used to be for the regular season only and then you had to Iron Man it for the playoffs. A couple of years ago Waivers were extended for the Playoff teams only in case of Injury.

Now with a 12 Game season each team has 12 normal options to make waiver claims, plus any IR guys. 

Edited by SirA1

Atlantic Division
Camden Hood Rats – Jlash
Cuba Smugglers – MD4L

Gotham Gashslayers – pheltzbahr
Lancaster Werewolves –rackcs

Mid and West Division
Louisiana Jazz – WFLukic
Oklahoma City EF5’s – Whicker

Portland Horned Owls – SwoleXmad
Williamsport Soul Reavers – Wwhickok;

Europe/Africa Division
Berlin Blitzkrieg – Ragnarok co-owner gopherwrestler

Hungary Hippos – PR
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos – RuskieTitan
Rome Eternals – bcb1213

Pacific Division
Anchorage Wolves – Counselor
Hawaii Nightmarchers – picklerick & Orca
Seoul Dragons – TedLavie co-owner Shady Slim
Singapore Sentinels – SirA1 Co-Owner ny92mike

This needs to be updated. Racks apparently has a different team name. Carolina Intimidators? Needs updating on the roster spreadsheet (old logo)

Also its going to be weird coming from mafia having a @PR, as thats what I call pickle rick. Going to have to go back to calling him PRick. Whick and Whicker? 

• Like 1

I noticed an oversight in the rules or at least what I believe is an oversight. In the section about who you are not permitted to trade, they don't mention rookies. As far as I'm aware, they are not allowed to be traded their first year either, correct?

Players that you are NOT PERMITTED to release or trade at any time.

• Players that would put your current year’s salary cap in the negative

• Signed Exclusive Rights Free Agents - ERFA

• Signed Restricted Free Agents - RFA

• Signed Players acquired through - Free Agency, Shark Tank, Waiver Wire

In the RFA section, there's a part that could be cleaned up a little bit. When it talks about what picks are to be used for compensation there's some confusing language. At the top of page 6, number 2, it says that they'll use the highest available pick. In the red text below it, it says they'll use the lowest numbered pick. They mean the same thing but it is a bit confusing at first glance and could maybe be cleaned up just by using the same phrasing?