BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Can we fix the standings please? I should be 13 and IC 12

I have nothing to do with that. Sorry. Adj wins isn't one of the tiebreakers. It's just something added to the workbook.

You have more wins thus a higher ranking.

Edited by SirA1

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I have nothing to do with that. Sorry. Adj wins isn't one of the tiebreakers. It's just something added to the workbook.

You have more wins thus a higher ranking.

Oh ok thought adjusted wins meant something. Thanks. Kind of pointless to have them measured then. 

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

You guys did an awesome job on the interview responses. Loved them all for different reasons, Counselor and Pheltz' were hilarious, others were more serious, some a bit laid back. Everyone provided their own personality. Great work guys and thanks for making it fun.

You're welcome. 

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

@SwoleXmad I need you to clear some space in your inbox so I can send this interview

Cleared. 

44 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh ok thought adjusted wins meant something. Thanks. Kind of pointless to have them measured then. 

You would say that.

Jack Riley Show - Interview with owner of the New Orleans Jazz, @WFLukic

Welcome to the Jack Riley show, thank you for sitting down with me this morning.

I will have you know that the entirety of my team is playing at a pro-bowl or all-pro level, Nick Bosa should win MVP, Josh Allen should win DPOY and Darnell Savage should win DROY. 

You're coming off of a narrow escape victory over Lancaster. Are you nervous about your schedule at all moving forward?

Not particularly. When you've got guys like Zeke, taxes and Ertz 6 catches, the Duke, Motor Singletary and a bunch of other amazing weapons there's no need to be nervous. Portland and Williamsport are trending in opposite directions in the moments but we should cover them, while Whicker had to spend  time away from the forum to try and gameplan for us 3 weeks in advance. Such is the extent to which the Jazz live rent free in the minds of everyone involved with the OKC EF5s. 

Do you feel your team has any specific area where it is weak or could significantly use improvement?

I personally don't because Josh Allen might be the most underrated player in all of football at the moment, but with that said quarterback is the position you peasants knock me for. I'm a slaytics guy through and through and the tertiary verbatim says Allen has the highest *** score (Arm Strength Size) in the league and people are overlooking that. Darnold has also transcended the time space barrier given he can see ghosts so I don't really see a need to improve at QB. 

Who do you feel the biggest threat to NOLA could be in the playoffs? 

Cuba or Lancaster at this point. We've played them the last two weeks and know what we'll have in store. With that said, having Cam Jordan, Geno Atkins, Calais Campbell, Olivier Vernon, Johnathan Hankins and Jeffery Simmons performing at the level they are now I don't really see how anyone could be a threat. 
Of the roster moves you've made this season, which move or moves have impacted your roster the most in either a positive or negative way?

The Moore and Schwartz trades have taken my offense to another level. Thomas, Lockett and Moore as my starting receivers? They go together like wine and cheese. Deebo Samuel and Parris Campbell in the rears while Zay Jones is on his levitation **** again? ******* dope. 

Then on the OL Schwartz has made our high character, first in the gym last out, lunch pail OL even lunch pailier (or is it lunchier pail?). Bitonio, Zeitler and Frederick are just your everyday neighborhood pro bowlers while no Whitworth slander will be accepted, the guy is still a G. 

Who do you believe the best Owner is, other than yourself?

Despite him calling me the worst owner, I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for the teams Jlash has built in this. But in reality, it is me. When you can amass a secondary with guys like Gilmore who has pretty much put the states of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont on lock down, Harris Jr. who'll be chosen to protect the earth from a meteor shower and Fuller who could intercept the world's smallest violin if Steve Buscemi dropped it and get tipped for it, there's only one guy who could be the best owner in the world. Oh and spoilers for those of you who don't watch fox news, Micah Hyde shot Bin Laden while Clinton-Dix killed the ISIS leader. 

Who do you feel the worst owner is, other than yourself?

Honestly all 15 of you. You guys are straight sleeping by letting me pick up guys like Alexander Johnson, Duke Dawson and

*pulls out scrunched up piece of paper from pockets*

Davontae Harris? Who the fu- is that?

Anyway, all of you. 

If the draft were tomorrow NO is selecting who with their first pick?

A guy who will either win OROY/DROY, or be the most underrated rookie in the league. 

Anything else you'd like to add?

Randy Gregory rolls the best blunts in the league, Drew Lock is the GOAT QB at virtual reality and Equanimeous St. Brown just won MVP in the CFL (Centaur Football League).  

Good luck the rest of the way and thank you for joining me.

Heading out to get lunch with friends I'll make my pick when I get back.

• Like 1

Jack Riley Show - Interview with owner of the Singapore Sentinels, @SirA1

Welcome to the Jack Rioey show, thank you for sitting down with me this morning.

A tough loss this week against Rome, how do you rebound from that?

source.gif

Is there any one area of roster right now that you feel is holding your team back?

giphy.gif

Who do you feel the biggest threat to Singapore could be in the playoffs? 

GIF_SHURG_3.0.gif

You made moves to improve your defense but it was costly, do you have any regrets?

CorYdLSUAAAgLqM.jpg

What was the mentality you had when acquiring Jones?

giphy.gif
Who do you believe the best Owner is, other than yourself?

_db742c286892_imagesqtbnANd9GcSzdKoaQxKW
Who do you feel the worst owner is, other than yourself?

giphy.gif

If the draft were tomorrow Singapore is selecting who with their first pick?

giphy.gif
Is there anyone on your roster right now that you can say with certainty will be a candidate to be released in the offseason?

giphy.gif

Who gets the biggest contract from Singapore after the season is over?

giphy.gif
Anything else you'd like to add?

200.gif
Good luck the rest of the way and thank you for joining me.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

I'm gonna assume the guy who had 2 picks last night and almost had a third wasn't magically claimed Wednesday night. If he was, kudos.

I am not gonna lie. I thought this, but I didnt say anything. Obviously Erik Harris wouldve been my top target this next round of waivers because I have Karl Joseph.

But I mean, there was no way to know Erik Harris, who has basically not played at all until thursday night was in any way worth picking up.

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

I mean if no one else cares (which is likely) then it is what it is. Floating deadlines, especially from the deadline nazi, aren't a great precedent to set though.

edit: Again, he could've been claimed Wednesday but I'm assuming there would've been some gloating going on.

IF it was done in the way being speculated, I care.