Cowboys @ Rams

RamRod

I find it laughable people are questioning if Goff can carry the Rams on his back and win a football game when Gurley isnt being effective and the defense isnt getting turnovers.

Did people forget that Goff beat the Vikings with his arm? The defense wasnt stopping Cousins until late in the game. Gurley had a receiving td but he wasnt all that effective on the ground. 

If it wasnt got Goff, the Rams wouldve gotten blown out of the building in New Orleans. Gurley scored a rushing td early but after that he was not effective. The defense didnt start making stops until the 2nd half but Goff was the one that scored 21 consecutive points with his arm to get the game tied in the 4th quarter.

Did people forget the fabulous game Goff had against the Chiefs? Again Gurley was ineffective mainly because he got hurt early in the game and basically was a decoy the rest of the way. Goff was the one who shined the brightest in the game even hitting Everett on that big td pass to put the Rams up and got them the win.

Goff has (4) 4th quarter comebacks this season, including picking up that 4th and 1 in Seattle to make sure the Seahawks didnt get the ball back with a chance to try and steal that game. Btw with both Kupp and Cooks out for the entire 2nd half of that game in Seattle, the Rams didnt punt once. 

So I get that Goff has a 3 game slump, some call it being exposed and some are just like me and say it was a slump. I just dont understand why people are getting the impression that Goff is not capable of leading the Rams if the run game is less than effective and the defense arent creating turnovers because Goff has shown that alot this season. Now we need to run the ball and creating turnovers will definitely go a very long way to deciding the game. Goff doesnt need the perfect storm to win games.

I cant wait for this game on Saturday night. Goff and the Rams have some avenging to do from last postseason. Cowboys fans, its nothing personal, you are just the team that is standing in the way of the Rams avenging that bad lost in the postseason last year. 

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I find it laughable people are questioning if Goff can carry the Rams on his back and win a football game when Gurley isnt being effective and the defense isnt getting turnovers.

Did people forget that Goff beat the Vikings with his arm? The defense wasnt stopping Cousins until late in the game. Gurley had a receiving td but he wasnt all that effective on the ground. 

If it wasnt got Goff, the Rams wouldve gotten blown out of the building in New Orleans. Gurley scored a rushing td early but after that he was not effective. The defense didnt start making stops until the 2nd half but Goff was the one that scored 21 consecutive points with his arm to get the game tied in the 4th quarter.

Did people forget the fabulous game Goff had against the Chiefs? Again Gurley was ineffective mainly because he got hurt early in the game and basically was a decoy the rest of the way. Goff was the one who shined the brightest in the game even hitting Everett on that big td pass to put the Rams up and got them the win.

Goff has (4) 4th quarter comebacks this season, including picking up that 4th and 1 in Seattle to make sure the Seahawks didnt get the ball back with a chance to try and steal that game. Btw with both Kupp and Cooks out for the entire 2nd half of that game in Seattle, the Rams didnt punt once. 

So I get that Goff has a 3 game slump, some call it being exposed and some are just like me and say it was a slump. I just dont understand why people are getting the impression that Goff is not capable of leading the Rams if the run game is less than effective and the defense arent creating turnovers because Goff has shown that alot this season. Now we need to run the ball and creating turnovers will definitely go a very long way to deciding the game. Goff doesnt need the perfect storm to win games.

I cant wait for this game on Saturday night. Goff and the Rams have some avenging to do from last postseason. Cowboys fans, its nothing personal, you are just the team that is standing in the way of the Rams avenging that bad lost in the postseason last year. 

Football coaches look at the season in quadrants (4 games a clip). The success Goff had was earlier in the season and regressed after the bye week. As teams saw more of McVay's scheme, it became easier to figure out and Goff looked bad. He was also missing open WR's badly in the last 4 games, not to mention the turnovers. I am hoping Goff proves me wrong, but Dallas' front seven will make Goff uncomfortable and I am concerned. If Gurley get's going we should be fine, but Dallas can stop the run and force Goff to beat us, I will be very nervous.

4 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Football coaches look at the season in quadrants (4 games a clip). The success Goff had was earlier in the season and regressed after the bye week. As teams saw more of McVay's scheme, it became easier to figure out and Goff looked bad. He was also missing open WR's badly in the last 4 games, not to mention the turnovers. I am hoping Goff proves me wrong, but Dallas' front seven will make Goff uncomfortable and I am concerned. If Gurley get's going we should be fine, but Dallas can stop the run and force Goff to beat us, I will be very nervous.

The Chiefs game was literally right before the bye week. Goff had a bad three-game stretch. Of course, that three-game stretch wouldn't have been a big deal if he wasn't so atrociously bad against the Bears. He bounced back against SF and Arizona and looked like his old self. It's silly to make mountains out of mole hills. I'll also point out that I'm not sold at all that McVay's scheme became easier to figure out. It sure looked to me like McVay dialed it back.

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

If all 3k are sold to Cowboys fans do we get your fanbase to the 60% that's been touted?

Ok, thats what I thought you were saying. First of all, how the hell is the stadium not sold out 48 hours before kick off?

Secondly, you are highly underrating the secondary market. 

46 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Chiefs game was literally right before the bye week. Goff had a bad three-game stretch. Of course, that three-game stretch wouldn't have been a big deal if he wasn't so atrociously bad against the Bears. He bounced back against SF and Arizona and looked like his old self. It's silly to make mountains out of mole hills. I'll also point out that I'm not sold at all that McVay's scheme became easier to figure out. It sure looked to me like McVay dialed it back.

Well the timing of the 3 game stretch from two standpoints is what I find bothersome: 1. It was later in the season after teams had a lot more tape on us. 2. It was with the added pressure of fighting for a #1Seed and HF advantage. Rising to the occasion. He looked OK against SF, but overthrew and missed some easy throws he made previously in the season. Missing Kupp I feel has really changed his comfort level without that safety valve of knowing where someone will be no matter what when a play breaks down.

And I don't believe the dialed back approach some have said took place later in the year. We needed to win out to win the number 1 seed so dialing it back and missing out on that , if true, is a huge mistake by McVay. I don't believe it though. I think teams just stopped being fooled by the pre-snap movement, settled in and knew what we wanted to accomplish with the play action and lateral running game (jet sweeps, find the open gap and cut up field). So I'm concerned, but hopeful. This game will be very telling about Goff if the game is placed on his shoulders because we cannot get the run game going.

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Well the timing of the 3 game stretch from two standpoints is what I find bothersome: 1. It was later in the season after teams had a lot more tape on us. 2. It was with the added pressure of fighting for a #1Seed and HF advantage. Rising to the occasion. He looked OK against SF, but overthrew and missed some easy throws he made previously in the season. Missing Kupp I feel has really changed his comfort level without that safety valve of knowing where someone will be no matter what when a play breaks down.

And I don't believe the dialed back approach some have said took place later in the year. We needed to win out to win the number 1 seed so dialing it back and missing out on that , if true, is a huge mistake by McVay. I don't believe it though. I think teams just stopped being fooled by the pre-snap movement, settled in and knew what we wanted to accomplish with the play action and lateral running game (jet sweeps, find the open gap and cut up field). So I'm concerned, but hopeful. This game will be very telling about Goff if the game is placed on his shoulders because we cannot get the run game going.

Eh, I don't agree. Goff's bad misses since Kupp went down have almost entirely come when throwing to Everett and Reynolds. It's not a coincidence. His memorable miss against SF was on Reynolds not making the proper adjustment on his route for coverage imo. Same thing happened against the Eagles with Everett. Goff misses throws from time to time. Every QB does, but those two guys are still learning the art of route running and aren't great at adjusting on the fly yet like Kupp was.

As for dialing back, the Saints offense fell off too just like ours. It's odd to me that the NFL's two top offenses just happened to get figured out when they both knew they were almost certainly going to get a bye week and had clinched the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok, thats what I thought you were saying. First of all, how the hell is the stadium not sold out 48 hours before kick off?

Secondly, you are highly underrating the secondary market. 

None of the games are sold out as of last night.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, I don't agree. Goff's bad misses since Kupp went down have almost entirely come when throwing to Everett and Reynolds. It's not a coincidence. His memorable miss against SF was on Reynolds not making the proper adjustment on his route for coverage imo. Same thing happened against the Eagles with Everett. Goff misses throws from time to time. Every QB does, but those two guys are still learning the art of route running and aren't great at adjusting on the fly yet like Kupp was.

As for dialing back, the Saints offense fell off too just like ours. It's odd to me that the NFL's two top offenses just happened to get figured out when they both knew they were almost certainly going to get a bye week and had clinched the playoffs.

Fair point, but Saints had different circumstances. They could scale back because they had a better record and owned the tie breaker against us. The  Rams were playing from behind and should not have scaled back (if they did, I do not believe they did) if they wanted the #1 seed.

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fair point, but Saints had different circumstances. They could scale back because they had a better record and owned the tie breaker against us. The  Rams were playing from behind and should not have scaled back (if they did, I do not believe they did) if they wanted the #1 seed.

The Saints could have easily lost it to us. They had little margin for error. I don't feel like McVay or Payton went all out. That doesn't mean we weren't trying to win. It just means they were holding some things back for the playoffs. I guess we'll see.

Archived