Cowboys @ Rams

RamRod

9 hours ago, quiller said:

To be fair to everyone playoffs are such a different animal it is really hard to transfer results   I know people it doesn’t mean anything but frankly All you have to do is look at the Seattle game it was a struggle for us againstvgjem game three and we frankly handled them at ease in the play offs yes you could say we played road home but use Philly as an example as well played them twice won both and played about the same road home and I would think you can agree Philly in for a in all purposes a playoff game was no easy road test that we WON.    

Still doesn’t mean anything have to do it on the field 

I personally feel who ever can get the most  out of Gurley or Zeke will be key as who ever gets the most out of their run game will open up more opportunities in the passing game 

As you pointed out, you beat Seattle by 2 at home in the playoffs and lost to them by 13 on the road during the regular season. Seattle has one of the biggest HFAs in football. Based on your home/road splits, that outcome isn't surprising. As for Philly, you beat them on the road during that run where they looked listless. They lost 48-7 to the Saints the week after your game.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone else getting nervous Gurley might not play? Based on what I read yesterday from McVay's presser and Gurley being limited in practice, I am starting to get concerned he will either not play at all or be given sparing carries to CJ. Not a good feeling on this one.

Nah. Gurley and McVay both said, IIRC, that he could have played against Arizona and SF if we had needed him. I think they're playing games with Dallas.

56 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

But... I keep hearing it's a home game for the Cowboys???

As I said before I hope there are a lot of Cowboy fans there. And they leave the game in tears never wanting to go back to a game vs the Rams. And I hope some fools have melt downs if they feel there are too many opposing fans at games because nothing could be more idiotic than that.

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

As I said before I hope there are a lot of Cowboy fans there. And they leave the game in tears never wanting to go back to a game vs the Rams. And I hope some fools have melt downs if they feel there are too many opposing fans at games because nothing could be more idiotic than that.

Not idiotic. It's good to take pride in your team and hope they have every advantage they can get. Home field advantages play a role in all sports and in the betting world, are worth 3 points for football; potentially more depending on the location. Wouldn't you want to start the game with a 3point head start?

On a personal level, I've been a Rams fan my entire life from NJ. I've watched the Rams in St. Louis, NJ, Seattle, and watched an away game with Rams fans at a NoHo bar last year (shout to World Tour Rams, great people). The idea that fans wouldn't show up to support their team during the playoffs is absurd to me. The team has done their part and provided a superbowl contending product on the field and we need to do our part to show up and support them. Get loud, make it hard for the Cowboys to hear, create false starts, and an unwelcoming environment. Go berzerk when we score, give them that little extra edge in key moments. I don't it's idiotic in the slightest to want a home field advantage and not relinquish it to the away team; that's the point of fandom.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Not idiotic. It's good to take pride in your team and hope they have every advantage they can get. Home field advantages play a role in all sports and in the betting world, are worth 3 points for football; potentially more depending on the location. Wouldn't you want to start the game with a 3point head start?

On a personal level, I've been a Rams fan my entire life from NJ. I've watched the Rams in St. Louis, NJ, Seattle, and watched an away game with Rams fans at a NoHo bar last year (shout to World Tour Rams, great people). The idea that fans wouldn't show up to support their team during the playoffs is absurd to me. The team has done their part and provided a superbowl contending product on the field and we need to do our part to show up and support them. Get loud, make it hard for the Cowboys to hear, create false starts, and an unwelcoming environment. Go berzerk when we score, give them that little extra edge in key moments. I don't it's idiotic in the slightest to want a home field advantage and not relinquish it to the away team; that's the point of fandom.

The Rams are in this spot because of a weak and idiotic owner moving them away from these fans you assume should be there. The LA area in the 20 years grew massively with transplants. People moved into town and already had a team they rooted for. With there not being a local team to switch them it’s understandable that they maintained their team love. The people going to the games are lifelong Rams fans and their kids. This isn’t rocket science to realize it’ll take time to build up the local fan base. Winning is the best way to do that.

And nothing I said implies you shouldn’t take pride in our team. I certainly do and defend them in many subs here not just our own. But getting pissed off because you subjectively think everybody in LA should dump the team they’ve rooted for for years for the Rams or ypthat everybody in one of the region can afford these tickets is just plain idiotic. Really flipping your coffee table because you think there are too many Cowboys fans at a game? That’s pathetic.

31 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

The Rams are in this spot because of a weak and idiotic owner moving them away from these fans you assume should be there. The LA area in the 20 years grew massively with transplants. People moved into town and already had a team they rooted for. With there not being a local team to switch them it’s understandable that they maintained their team love. The people going to the games are lifelong Rams fans and their kids. This isn’t rocket science to realize it’ll take time to build up the local fan base. Winning is the best way to do that.

And nothing I said implies you shouldn’t take pride in our team. I certainly do and defend them in many subs here not just our own. But getting pissed off because you subjectively think everybody in LA should dump the team they’ve rooted for for years for the Rams or ypthat everybody in one of the region can afford these tickets is just plain idiotic. Really flipping your coffee table because you think there are too many Cowboys fans at a game? That’s pathetic.

I gotta disagree with you a little here. Not on the fact that it will take time to build the fanbase back up after the initial departure, but you're downplaying the affect a true home field advantage could have on a game. The crowds in Seattle and KC have won those teams games before. I think we all realize that we will probably never get to that level and that some of the LA fans have moved on or started supporting other teams, but LA is the second most populated city in the US and there are still a TON of Rams fans locally that could be enough to pack a stadium. At the very least, a stadium where the Rams aren't the ones having trouble audibiling. 

If the numbers posted are accurate and it's a 71/29 split, I'm pretty ok with that. Giving the Cowboys fans credit for traveling well doesn't necessarily have to take anything away from us. 

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I gotta disagree with you a little here. Not on the fact that it will take time to build the fanbase back up after the initial departure, but you're downplaying the affect a true home field advantage could have on a game. The crowds in Seattle and KC have won those teams games before. I think we all realize that we will probably never get to that level and that some of the LA fans have moved on or started supporting other teams, but LA is the second most populated city in the US and there are still a TON of Rams fans locally that could be enough to pack a stadium. At the very least, a stadium where the Rams aren't the ones having trouble audibiling. 

If the numbers posted are accurate and it's a 71/29 split, I'm pretty ok with that. Giving the Cowboys fans credit for traveling well doesn't necessarily have to take anything away from us. 

I never once in any comment said or implied a home field advantage was not important to the players or the outcome of the game. I said repeatedly that getting upset about the fan base situation in LA was among other adjectives idiotic. Not sure where you got the idea I was saying anything about the team.

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I never once in any comment said or implied a home field advantage was not important to the players or the outcome of the game. I said repeatedly that getting upset about the fan base situation in LA was among other adjectives idiotic. Not sure where you got the idea I was saying anything about the team.

Right, but those who are upset about the fanbase are only upset because of how it affects the game. They want to see us have every advantage we can get, not have trouble calling audibles because our players can't hear. I've made peace with the fanbase being a work in progress and possibly never being one of the toughest places to play no matter how good the team is, but it's not "idiotic" to want a true difference making home field advantage. 

Archived