Packers to Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur as Head Coach

49erurtaza

14 hours ago, pwny said:

I got what you’re saying here. But the Packers are in this situation because their front office built a roster and coaching staff that went 6-9-1 this season after going 7-9 the previous season. Two straight years, they “knew better” than FF posters, but still didn’t get it right. They aren’t infallible and their decisions can, in fact, be wrong. 

Its funny how 2 years ago Ted Thompson was "one of the best GMs in the league" and then gets demoted the following year for putting together a terrible roster. Then its how Mike McCarthy was so great and a "top 2 coach" and then gets fired this year because he totally lost his team and QB. Also worth noting that we were told that McCarthy was a QB whisperer until Brett Hundley had to play meaningful snaps his 3rd season in the league and looked worse than any rookie QB that season. And then there's Deshone Kizer to boot!😂😂

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its funny how 2 years ago Ted Thompson was "one of the best GMs in the league" and then gets demoted the following year for putting together a terrible roster. Then its how Mike McCarthy was so great and a "top 2 coach" and then gets fired this year because he totally lost his team and QB. Also worth noting that we were told that McCarthy was a QB whisperer until Brett Hundley had to play meaningful snaps his 3rd season in the league and looked worse than any rookie QB that season. And then there's Deshone Kizer to boot!😂😂

Thompson's last couple of drafts were not great and we suffered because of it.   We were winning until AR broke his collarbone last season so many didn't notice the issues with McCarthy's offense.  One of the reasons why McCarthy's status as a QB whisperer faded is because he could no longer run his QB school because of the CBA.   It was time to move on.  We Packer fans are hopeful our present GM can inject more talent into our roster and our new HC can get our QB back to being his elite self.

However, YOUR team was considered one of the up and comers this season in the conference let alone the division.  Your team came up short also so poking fun at GB isn't a good look.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

However, YOUR team was considered one of the up and comers this season in the conference let alone the division.  Your team came up short also so poking fun at GB isn't a good look.

Dont be so gracious.

MN came up shorter this year than they did the year before.
Fast rising - disappearing just as quickly. Let em talk. The on the field results always talk louder.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Thompson's last couple of drafts were not great and we suffered because of it.   We were winning until AR broke his collarbone last season so many didn't notice the issues with McCarthy's offense.  One of the reasons why McCarthy's status as a QB whisperer faded is because he could no longer run his QB school because of the CBA.   It was time to move on.  We Packer fans are hopeful our present GM can inject more talent into our roster and our new HC can get our QB back to being his elite self.

Lol yeah, I dont get how a Vikings fan is trying to trash the Packers.. you guys didn't do much better 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dont be so gracious.

MN came up shorter this year than they did the year before.
Fast rising - disappearing just as quickly. Let em talk. The on the field results always talk louder.

What good would it do to be snarky about it?  I made my point.

21 hours ago, pwny said:

I got what you’re saying here. But the Packers are in this situation because their front office built a roster and coaching staff that went 6-9-1 this season after going 7-9 the previous season. Two straight years, they “knew better” than FF posters, but still didn’t get it right. They aren’t infallible and their decisions can, in fact, be wrong. 

As much as I absolutely hate agreeing with incog, he's not wrong.  Does anyone truly believe that any of us have any more facts about the candidates than the Packers' FO?  I certainly won't pretend that I do.  There was nothing wrong with the statement he made.  The inference that's being made from that statement is wrong though.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah, I could've laid off a bit. That narrative is dead anymore. 

LeFleur is inheriting a pretty lame team. They might need a full rebuild to get back into playoff contention.

Good thing the Packers have a top 15 pick, plus a late first round pick and a 2nd, 3rd and two fourths plus 42 million dollars in effective cap space to do it.  As well as building blocks of an all-pro caliber corner, an all-pro caliber DL, an all-pro left tackle, an all-pro caliber WR and a pro bowl caliber RB. 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Good thing the Packers have a top 15 pick, plus a late first round pick and a 2nd, 3rd and two fourths plus 42 million dollars in effective cap space to do it.  As well as building blocks of an all-pro caliber corner, an all-pro caliber DL, an all-pro left tackle, an all-pro caliber WR and a pro bowl caliber RB. 

Did you intentionally leave out Rodgers or is it just to be assumed by others at this point?

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, Packers are in way better position than Minnesota currently.

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not as funny as you guys having a great run last year just to fall short and head into the offseason getting Cousins saying "That's it, boys! This is our year!" only to not make the playoffs. Now THAT'S comedy.

Archived