MightyMouse07

Is a hot dog a sandwich?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is a hotdog a sandwich

• Yes
    • No
    • I just came here for the poll

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ok. If you are with your co worker and they say "Hey bro, lets go grab a sandwich for lunch"... Do you respond 'yeah, for sure. Been craving a hotdog'. 

Would you say, "Been craving a Philly Cheesesteak?"

No, you would be like "What about Philly Cheesesteaks?", just like you'd say "What about a hot dog?"

The implication of "let's grab a sandwich" clearly is neither cheesesteaks or hotdogs. But they are both sandwiches.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Isnt that exactly what I just said? Technically it is. Obviously no one calls it one though because its so vastly different. 

The fact that people have to debate it proves my point. 

I guess I agree with you except for that a hot dog is it's own class. We do think about it and refer to is separately, but we do that with all kinds of things. I don't think that alone puts it in it's own class.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Would you say, "Been craving a Philly Cheesesteak?"

No, you would be like "What about Philly Cheesesteaks?", just like you'd say "What about a hot dog?"

The implication of "let's grab a sandwich" clearly is neither cheesesteaks or hotdogs. But they are both sandwiches.

Yeah, absolutely would. 

You know what you can get at Subway, Quiznos, Scholotski's, etc? A cheesesteak. You know what you cant get? A hot dog. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, absolutely would. 

You know what you can get at Subway, Quiznos, Scholotski's, etc? A cheesesteak. You know what you cant get? A hot dog. 

K, what about an open-faced rib sandwich? Or what about a Cuban? Those are, generally speaking, special request sandwiches, much like a hot dog.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

K, what about an open-faced rib sandwich? Or what about a Cuban? Those are, generally speaking, special request sandwiches, much like a hot dog.

Supply and demand. Im 34 and have never had an open-faced rib sandwich in my life. Guess how many hot dogs I have eaten? 

I think for it to be a true sandwich it has to be sandwiched in between two different things.  A true sandwich has two different slices of bread, a hamburger has two buns, and even an oreo has two cookies sandwiching a creamy filling.

A hot dog however just has a hot dog bun. Not buns. It's just one bun with a slice in the middle but it's still connected at the bottom(unless it's kind of dried up and it cracks). 

So an oreo is more of a sandwich than a hotdog. A hotdog is more like a burrito, or a mechanically separated and tubed chicken and pork meat taco.

https://m.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Texas-ranked-as-America-s-best-food-state-13314242.php?fbclid=IwAR391uaJeS_aOLbbQZD0XFI9cREbwGQvRx5XtaDMOVdNxwJ9uhsdS5WRiW4

"It won't come as a shock to a single Texan that the food website Thrillist.com placed the state as No. 1 in its list of all 50 states ranked by their food.

It may, however, upset New York (No. 3) which is proud of its Buffalo wings, bagels and pizza, or Louisiana (No. 4) with its hunger for po-boys, King Cakes, turtle soup and blackened redfish. And it probably pains California (No. 2) to know that its cornucopia of fish tacos, udon noodles, burgers, and even wine country offerings, couldn't top the Lone Star State."

The final food authority resides in Texas.

Archived