Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

8 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

odd

Indeed.

I've only ever gotten one international game in however many seasons Nacho's done them during the 10 seasons I've played. And I think he just gave it to me for doing pro bowl ballots the season before.

37 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Indeed.

I've only ever gotten one international game in however many seasons Nacho's done them during the 10 seasons I've played. And I think he just gave it to me for doing pro bowl ballots the season before.

If that's the case then I ask

Wtf nacho throw a glem a bone

Cheesy Conference playoff race:

Red Division

1. Reykjavík Direwolves (7-3)
  2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (6-4)
  3. Hanoi Viet Kongs (6-4)
  4. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (6-4)
  5. Seattle Sonics (4-6)

Blue Division

1. Tacoma Thunder (8-2)
  2. Chicago Fire (6-4)
  3. Breckenridge Cannibals (5-5)
  4. Little Rock Uni Royals (4-6)
  5. Kansas City Knights (1-9)

Right now it looks like there are 5 strong contenders, with 2 longer odds teams still in the hunt. All fighting for just 4 spots. Here is my handicap to the field. The overall theme is how much the Red team still plays each other, which really opens the door.

1. Tacoma Thunder (8-2). >99%. This is the obvious choice. A 2 game lead in the division, the best point differential in the league by a healthy margin, and still has games against the Pandas, Knights, and Royals. This is as near of a lock as there is. They DO have 2 games remaining against the Fire, which could potentially cost them the division if the Fire get hot and win their remaining 6, but it is hard to envision a world where the Thunder do not get 12+ wins.
  2. Hanoi Viet Kongs (6-4). 75%. This is a surprising team to me, as I don't see them as the best (or even a top 2 or 3 team) in the division. Their offense is nowhere near the other teams on this list, but they have made it this far on their defense. And now they have the easiest remaining schedule of the big 4 Red Division teams. They have 2 difficult games left on their roster (Direwolves and Mammoths), but they also have several games that they should win, namely the Knights, Rattlers, and Royals. If they can't take care of business against those bottom teams, they probably don't make the playoffs. If the win the ones they need to win, I think this team has the upside to win the division on their easy schedule alone.
  3. Rio de Janeiro Pirates (6-4). 70%. The Pirates have maintained a balanced performance this season, spending the year in the top 3-5 in scoring offense, and top 10 in scoring defense, despite playing a difficult schedule thus far. Their reward is a favorable schedule to finish the season. While they do play the Direwolves and Mammoths back to back on the road, their other 4 remaining games are all to teams with negative point differentials. If they can split those two road games, they should have an easy route to 10 wins, and with all of the inter-division play in the red division, 10 wins should be enough to sneak into a wildcard slot.
  4. South Africa Woolly Mammoths (6-4) 70%. Don't let the fact that they are listed 4th in the division fool you. This team has Tom Brady and a top 5 scoring defense, and is probably the 2nd best team in the entire league. It boasts the 2nd best point differential in the league, and while they have lost 3 close games in the past 4, I don't see that poor luck continuing. Weeks 11 and 12 will be vital for them, as they finish the season with games against the Pirates, Papermakers, Direwolves, and Kongs.
  5. Reykjavík Direwolves (7-3). 60%. The record gives the Direwolves a head start in the final stretch on the strength of their offensive outputs, but this team probably has the most difficult schedule to finish the season. Road games against the Mammoths and Kongs, as well as home games against the Pirates and Jagwads. Their two "easier" games are against median level teams. Worse, the Direwolves are going to be pretty low on the tiebreaker rankings. If their offense can steal one or two more of those difficult games, their playoff chances skyrocket, but a couple division losses will allow the other contenders to leapfrog them in the standings very quickly.
  6. Breckenridge Cannibals (5-5.) 20%. This team is the wildcard. The epitome of consistently average, an RNG streak can get them into the playoffs. They have games remaining against the Thunder, Direwolves, and Fire, so a couple choice wins can really help them leapfrog teams ahead of them. Their other games consist of teams like the Venom, Pandas, and Knights, which should be 3 easy wins. This team can easily wind up 10-6 if they can pull an upset and be the surprise team of the year.
  7. Chicago Fire (6-4). 5%. This has to be the ugliest 6-4 team of all time, with a negative point differential. However, with all of the contenders giving each other losses to end the season, it could allow a 10-6 Fire team to sneak into the #4 seed. The big problem is, they still have both games against the Thunder and a game against the Pirates on their schedule. Still, if they manage to win one of those (namely the Pirates), they might be able to inch their way up the list.
  8. Seattle Sonics (4-6). <1%.
  9. Little Rock Uni Royals (4-6). <1%.
  10. Kansas City Knights (1-9). 0%

43 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Chicago Fire (6-4). 5%. This has to be the ugliest 6-4 team of all time, with a negative point differential.

Wait until you find out a team with a -25 point differential made the playoffs a few seasons ago. 

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Wait until you find out a team with a -25 point differential made the playoffs a few seasons ago. 

Was I unfair in my assessments?

Tried to be as objective as possible - your record outpaces your actual performance, similar to mine

16 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Was I unfair in my assessments?

Tried to be as objective as possible - your record outpaces your actual performance, similar to mine

Yes.

Because when you add Kurt Angle to the mix your odds drastic go down.

Archived