Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

4 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I appreciate the effort to try to appease everyone and perhaps the NSFL discord server will be helpful for people trying to have open bidding for a trade (which we've seen before in the thread) but I don't know. This feels like a punishment for not doing anything wrong, which I also think is probably why pwny responded how he did (especially since he asked permission when it started and offered for you to monitor it, iirc). 

In what way is it punishment?

I specifically stated that I don't view anyone has doing anything wrong. Least of all do I blame pwny since I gave it my blessing when he asked. I'm merely suggesting something more inclusive as an alternative. It was, after all, my belief, that no advantage was gained from the initial Discord in question, but others may appreciate the ability to speak to other owners in instantaneous fashion, and, be less suspicious of something that anyone could go and view themselves.

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

ah, whatever.

I dont need this stress in my life. I'll just delete the server and yall can forget the whole thing.

Was just trying to come up with some sort of compromise, lol.

I mean, you can wait to see what others think about it, but my response is that I appreciate it but don't see it as a necessity when the current discord chat originated from other members not wanting us cluttering the thread with our banter lol

Uggg. I hate when people put a ton of their own time into something and all they get is complaints...

i really didn’t mean to sound like I was complaining, I legitimately just wanted more of an explanation on what is going on as this is confusing to me and seems out of nowhere

i guess my snap judgement was that this would take activity away from the forum, but I’m totally open to new things if you think this supplements the league

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean, you can wait to see what others think about it, but my response is that I appreciate it but don't see it as a necessity when the current discord server originated from other members not wanting us cluttering the thread with our banter lol

I can understand that necessity, and the benefit that comes to the thread of not trashing it with the "banter".

I merely think that, perhaps, the banter secondary discussion should be available to anyone who wishes to see it.

Again I don't think any of you guys did anything wrong.

and part of the reason is that i like to spectate the banter

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Uggg. I hate when people put a ton of their own time into something and all they get is complaints...

i really didn’t mean to sound like I was complaining, I legitimately just wanted more of an explanation on what is going on as this is confusing to me and seems out of nowhere

i guess my snap judgement was that this would take activity away from the forum, but I’m totally open to new things if you think this supplements the league

I mean originally the idea entered my mind because some members were concerned about another group of owners talking about the league via a seperate Discord chat. Mind you, I gave my blessings to such a chat, and I am confident that no gameplay advantage was gained from such a chat, and that it was mostly "banter" that would merely serve to spam the actual forum anyway.

At the same time, I can't really blame people for being skeptical about that chat, given that membership was private. All I'm really suggesting is that the private banter chat be made public.

There are other advantages in that Discord provides a more conveient way to auction trade and offers a more direct way to send private messages. Not to mention voice chat for those who find that appealing.

15 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean originally the idea entered my mind because some members were concerned about another group of owners talking about the league via a seperate Discord chat. Mind you, I gave my blessings to such a chat, and I am confident that no gameplay advantage was gained from such a chat, and that it was mostly "banter" that would merely serve to spam the actual forum anyway.

At the same time, I can't really blame people for being skeptical about that chat, given that membership was private. All I'm really suggesting is that the private banter chat be made public.

There are other advantages in that Discord provides a more conveient way to auction trade and offers a more direct way to send private messages. Not to mention voice chat for those who find that appealing.

I'm cool with a general discord that's open to everyone. I just don't agree with having to cease the original chat when there's never been any evidence of collusion (because there hasn't been) and there has just been paranoia from two or three owners. We talk about a lot of stuff that's unrelated to the league (the majority of the chat probably is unrelated, really) and I don't think that's something that other owners would really want blowing up their discord if they choose to join. In 2 months of being on just Discord, there's been about 14-15k messages in the chat. If it's like that in the general NSFL discord, I don't know if other owners are going to want to use it and then we're just back to where we are now. I know you're not punishing us and you've said that, but it still feels like a punishment to be told "you can't do this anymore".

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I'm cool with a general discord that's open to everyone. I just don't agree with having to cease the original chat when there's never been any evidence of collusion (because there hasn't been) and there has just been paranoia from two or three owners. We talk about a lot of stuff that's unrelated to the league (the majority of the chat probably is unrelated, really) and I don't think that's something that other owners would really want blowing up their discord if they choose to join. In 2 months of being on just Discord, there's been about 14-15k messages in the chat. If it's like that in the general NSFL discord, I don't know if other owners are going to want to use it and then we're just back to where we are now. I know you're not punishing us and you've said that, but it still feels like a punishment to be told "you can't do this anymore".

I never asked for that sort of discussion to cease, nor for that Discord to be shut down. Merely that I'd prefer NSFL discussion on the official NSFL server. Stuff that's unrelated to the league I don't think anyone cares about, nor should they.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:
5 minutes ago, Glen said:

@pwny @Adrenaline_Flux

So who wants to book the hotel? 

I can PayPal yall $ if need or yall can just get me $ whenever 

oh yeah we still need to do that, don't we

so since you guys cant have Discord anymore, youre going to all hole up in a hotel to collude for the rest of the season? smh

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I never asked for that sort of discussion to cease, nor for that Discord to be shut down. Merely that I'd prefer NSFL discussion on the official NSFL server.

Okay then nothing really changes then since most of what we talk about that is league-related usually ends up getting posted in here anyway (just in a more concise manner) and then we're still where we are now where there are maybe two or three owners who think something suspicious is going on because we still have a separate chat.

Archived