2019 FA TALK!!!

Pastor Dillon

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I was encouraged by Gaines draft last year but his FA class sucked. Really badly. I hope it doesn’t become a pattern but with our franchise QB getting killed every snap, we’ve sat out two years now on the best tackle available. We do have a 1st rounder this year but how many mid 20s tackles can be dominate right away?

Let's not forget we were actually pretty happy with the OLine moves he made at the time. It obviously didn't work out but he didn't sit on his ***. This year the FA class is really poor. There isn't much to get to really improve the team, and those that could are getting absurd contracts as a result (see Trent Brown). It'll have to be draft and hopefully improvement from the guys we have and health. Henderson may be able to do well enough at RT and that allows Rankins to play inside where he was much better. Mancz should also be starting but if BOB didn't do that last year I doubt he does this year. A 1st round tackle to challenge Davenport for the LT spot to open the season is probably our best bet.

14 mil a year for him is a lot but it’s only 3 years and with so much cap space it would have been nice to bring him back. 

Alas, hopefully, they can get Amos or bring back Kareem. He was playing at such a high level before he had to move back to CB. 

6 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

14 mil a year for him is a lot but it’s only 3 years and with so much cap space it would have been nice to bring him back. 

Alas, hopefully, they can get Amos or bring back Kareem. He was playing at such a high level before he had to move back to CB. 

I think it has to be Kareem. A bit disappointed that Mathieu is going, but there's at least a body to fit into the spot that Honey Badger is vacating. 

Or... maybe Earl Thomas? I'd like that.

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Cheap organization

To be fair, it did save us from disasterous decisions last off-season (Nate Solder, Andrew Norwell, Malcolm Butler, Trumaine Johnson). Our FA guys weren't great, but at least they didn't cost $40mm GTD.

It's not even day one of free agency, and the biggest fish in the FA market is still out to be caught. (Some could argue that the top two fish in the FA market could still be had, with Amos still in discussions).

I'm worried, but I'll let it play out. 

Given the money that's being paid out, I'd rather wait. JuWan James just got $32mm GTD, that's not a good contract for anyone. 

The only player I'd consider paying would be Amos or Thomas. Maybe Daryl Williams.