Around The League V.2

Totty

So who you guys think our extra game will be against? Could be a 3rd place team from an NFC Division. My bet is the Bears if Carr gets traded there. 

Unless we get Brady, I actually hope we get a road game instead of a home game. That way we have an extra home game for 2021, where we could have a very competitive roster. 

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So who you guys think our extra game will be against? Could be a 3rd place team from an NFC Division. My bet is the Bears if Carr gets traded there. 

Unless we get Brady, I actually hope we get a road game instead of a home game. That way we have an extra home game for 2021, where we could have a very competitive roster. 

I was under the impression the 17 game season doesn’t begin until next year?

14 team playoff this season though.

11 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

14 team playoff is terrible. They are really working at making the NFL product worse IMO. There haven't been 12 teams worthy of the playoffs, let alone 14. Every year 2-3 get in now that are awful teams who get predictably bounced. I personally don't like it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

Just explained on NFLN...

Its an owner option, will not take place until at least 2021.  Even then it's not automatic.  They could hold out until new TV deals in 2022, 2023, or even 2024.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

14 team playoff is terrible. They are really working at making the NFL product worse IMO. There haven't been 12 teams worthy of the playoffs, let alone 14. Every year 2-3 get in now that are awful teams who get predictably bounced. I personally don't like it.

I think it will make the last week of the regular season more competitive. There will be more teams in playoffs contention and teams will be fighting for the 1 seed.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think it will make the last week of the regular season more competitive. There will be more teams in playoffs contention and teams will be fighting for the 1 seed.

It’s all about tv ratings. As you said more teams will be in playoff contention down the stretch. The last week will have a huge amount of games with playoff implications so fans will be watching other games besides their teams. Not to mention two more sellout stadiums at playoff ticket prices.

As palooka said from a competitive and an overall quality of playoff game perspective, there will be a significant dropoff.. but will any fan be complaining when their team sneaks as the 7 seed?

• Like 2

I also agree 14 teams in the playoffs is horrible. One of the biggest reasons I don’t like NBA all that much (I mean I don’t hate it) is they have more than half their teams make the playoffs. I ain’t trying to see a 7/8 seedd in the playoffs. We’ve seen 5/6 seeds be good/competitive teams. 

Even worse in the NFL cause it’s Sudden Death Playoff.